Questionable listing on eBay - BLACK NIKON SP

Old September 19th 04, 08:43 PM
Schrodinger

"ColynG©" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:40:04 GMT, "Darrell"
wrote:

Bid, win then Say:

"ship it to me first, then I'll pay; I have XXX # perfect positive
feedback
saying I alway pay, you have zero, when I get it, I'll pay."

I have done this maybe a half-a-dozen times, and they always agreed. It's
what happenes when you deal with honest people with zero feedback. If they
utterly refuse... 'nuff said.

I am an honest seller but would never send anything without payment
first.

How does the seller know if you are honest?

Your idea would cause a lot of people to get ripped off..

Colyn Goodson
http://home.swbell.net/colyng
http://www.colyngoodson.com

TBF, it's only the reverse of what a new seller is asking. Either way if
someone gets scammed they are down the $.

Old September 19th 04, 09:27 PM
Darrell

I have over 100 positive feedback, 100% PERFECT, no neutrals, nothing. When
I deal with someone that has no feedback I ask them to ship it to me then I
will pay.(before I bid) When I get it (I have every time) I pay them
promptly and give them their first well deserved feedback.

I know I've done this at least a half a dozen times. Why do you think I am a
scammer?

My theory is, what's the point of the trustworthiness system of feedback, if
you can't look at it and trust someone? I have never gotten burned. I am
at no risk, I'm honest, why shouldn't I do this?

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Darrell" wrote in message
Bid, win then Say:

"ship it to me first, then I'll pay; I have XXX # perfect positive
feedback
saying I alway pay, you have zero, when I get it, I'll pay."

I have done this maybe a half-a-dozen times, and they always agreed.

It's
what happenes when you deal with honest people with zero feedback. If

they
utterly refuse... 'nuff said.

I'm honest, and there's NO way I or anyone else I know would ship

something
without payment just because I was a newbie. Your technique is a

borderline
scam in itself. If I refuse to ship without payment that makes me a a
scammer in your books.....'nuff said.

Old September 19th 04, 10:27 PM
Augustus

"Darrell" wrote in message
I have over 100 positive feedback, 100% PERFECT, no neutrals, nothing. When
I deal with someone that has no feedback I ask them to ship it to me then
will pay.(before I bid) When I get it (I have every time) I pay them
promptly and give them their first well deserved feedback.

My feedback is over 120, with 100% positive and no neutral. Not that this
really has anything to do with the point. I've never heard of any seller
doing this. I have seen plenty of auctions where persons with 0 or very low
feedback must contact the seller to be approved. I didn't say you were a
scammer, I said your technique when dealing with newbie's is close to being
a scam (meaning that an item is irreversibly shipped without any payment
being received except the promise that IF you get it and like it, then
you'll pay them ) and certainly leaves it wide open for abuse by the seller.
And it flies in the face of what standard, accepted Ebay practice is. A
seller who does this and then runs into problems with the has zero recourse
from Paypal or their credit card company because no payment has been made.
Of the 4 or NPB's I've had, half were from people with feedback in the 30's
to 40's with no negs or neutrals. The other two were newbie's. But I've had
at least 15-20 auctions won by zero, one or two feedback people who
instantly paid. If you don't want zero or one feedback bidders, clearly
state this in the auction and cancel bids if necessary.

Old September 20th 04, 01:18 AM
William Graham

"Darrell" wrote in message
Bid, win then Say:

"ship it to me first, then I'll pay; I have XXX # perfect positive
feedback
saying I alway pay, you have zero, when I get it, I'll pay."

I have done this maybe a half-a-dozen times, and they always agreed.

It's
what happenes when you deal with honest people with zero feedback. If

they
utterly refuse... 'nuff said.

I'm honest, and there's NO way I or anyone else I know would ship

something
without payment just because I was a newbie. Your technique is a

borderline
scam in itself. If I refuse to ship without payment that makes me a a
scammer in your books.....'nuff said.

It's a scam unless you make the arrangement with the seller prior to bidding
on the item.....If the buyer had a lot of good feedback, then I would
consider it as a newbie seller, but if the seller doesn't agree in advance,
then it's a scam.......

Old September 21st 04, 12:42 AM
Bigolhomo

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:27:54 GMT, "Darrell"
wrote:

I have over 100 positive feedback, 100% PERFECT, no neutrals, nothing. When
I deal with someone that has no feedback I ask them to ship it to me then I
will pay.(before I bid) When I get it (I have every time) I pay them
promptly and give them their first well deserved feedback.

I know I've done this at least a half a dozen times. Why do you think I am a
scammer?

My theory is, what's the point of the trustworthiness system of feedback, if
you can't look at it and trust someone? I have never gotten burned. I am
at no risk, I'm honest, why shouldn't I do this?

You're confusing honest with stupid. If you can find people to agree
to this, more power to you, but it's not because they're honest I can
tell ya that much.

You really think ebay feedback is an indication of a person's
character? What an honest assumption to make.

Bigolhomo