A sad time for Sony/Minolta DSLR users

Old June 2nd 12, 09:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Default A sad time for Sony/Minolta DSLR users

In rec.photo.digital Bruce wrote:

In the UK, Sony tried to take advantage of short term problems at
Pentax and negotiated a major deal with Jessops (UK's major photo
store chain - think Ritz). It appears there were special terms if
Jessops stopped selling Pentax and gave Sony near-equal presence to
Canon and Nikon in stores. Sony was duly given pride of place and
Pentax was dropped for the first time for decades.

When did this happen? I've never seen much Pentax in my local Jessops,
but they've always been available in Jessops online. I just checked
Jessops online, and they still seem to be selling plenty of Pentax.

The result of this was that Sony sales were a spectacular flop. Pentax
is now back and the display cases that were formerly Sony-only are
displaying other brands.

When did this happen? I bought a Sony lens at my local Jessops a few
weeks ago (the astonishingly good value 35mm f1.8 which others have
already commented on) and their large Sony display section was
entirely full of Sony.

--
Chris Malcolm
Old June 2nd 12, 10:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Chris Malcolm wrote,on my timestamp of 2/06/2012 6:41 PM:

When did this happen? I bought a Sony lens at my local Jessops a few
weeks ago (the astonishingly good value 35mm f1.8 which others have
already commented on) and their large Sony display section was
entirely full of Sony.

I'm sorry: are you giving due credit to a piece of news on the Usenet?
Haven't you fathomed yet that NOTHING said on the Usenet can be believed?

Old June 2nd 12, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PeterN

On 6/2/2012 5:57 AM, Noons wrote:

I'm sorry: are you giving due credit to a piece of news on the Usenet?
Haven't you fathomed yet that NOTHING said on the Usenet can be believed?

I always speak the truth.
The above sentence is a lie.

--
Peter

Old June 3rd 12, 10:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 09:51:26 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 6/2/2012 5:57 AM, Noons wrote:

I'm sorry: are you giving due credit to a piece of news on the Usenet?
Haven't you fathomed yet that NOTHING said on the Usenet can be believed?

I always speak the truth.
The above sentence is a lie.

Surely you are not a Greek?

Regards,

Eric Stevens.

There are two classes of people. Those who divide people into
two classes, and those who don't. I belong to the second class