SHOOT-IN UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!

Old April 3rd 12, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default SHOOT-IN UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!

On 2012-03-31 22:12:32 -0700, Annika1980 said:

Well folks, there will be some new changes here starting today.
I have taken back control of the Shoot-In and Alan Browne has been
fired for incompetence, as well as impotence.
As you probably know, I was the one who originally started the Shoot-
In under my Lisa Horton alias.
"Lisa" quickly tired of it (actually, I tired of posting as her) so I
took it over in my name. Then I built it up to spectacular heights
and turned it over to a few ****ups who ran it into the ground. Well
that all ends today.

Alan Browne has proven that he isn't fit to run such a simple exercise
so he is not only fired, but banned from all future mandates. Same
goes for that previous penis wrinkle, Bowser. Also, I have taken on a
new benefactor (we shall just call her "Ms. H") who promises to fund
the entire endeavor, so special thanks to Ms. H for the $23 a year to
Pbase. To show my thanks to her, I am incorporating her initial into
the name so from this point forward the Shoot-In shall be known as the
SHI.

Also, my good friends Noons and Tony Polson have promised to not only
contribute to the SHI, but will be judging it from this point
forward. Who knows more about SHI than these guys? Both of them have
keen eyes and are allegedly excellent photographers themselves, so
their contributions will be welcome.

A few changes to the format as well. From now on, all photos must
contain proper EXIF data. The reason is because from now on, only
photos shot with Canon cameras qualify for submission. So if you
shoot with a Sony Mavica or a Nikon (oops, that's redundant) you need
to sell that **** and get some real gear. We will allow off-brand,
lower quality lenses like Sigma, however, so as not to offend the
Australians. Of course, if you know how to fake the EXIF data, that
works for me.

Also, at least half of the mandates will be HDR shots. I'm talking
true multiple-image HDR images, folks. I don't mean that godawful tone-
mapped halo-infested **** that masquerades as HDR on some of the
online photo groups. You've seen them ..... they look like something
a drunken Professional Wedding Photographer from Brisbane would
produce the first day he used Photomatix. No sir, only true HDR pics
here and at least 9 exposures per shot are recommended.

And none of that artsy-fartsy Black & White crap. I hate that ****!
Henri Cartier-Bresson is dead .... get over it!
Push that Saturation slider up to it's Rockwell setting and let's see
some color, Rocha!

Lastly, I am announcing the first mandate of the new SHI: "Bukkake"

I know we have a lot of hidden talent in this group so I expect the
quality of submissions to explode with this one. I really look
forward to seeing what all you guys can cum up with. So let's start
shooting tonight, everybody!

-Annika ---- Totally Back in ****in Charge!!!

Aah!
Perhaps we should term it ****, or "Shoot Helen In Tennessee"?

From what I understand there will only be one submission date per year,
April 1.

Savageduck

Old April 3rd 12, 05:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rwalker

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:01:43 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

From what I understand there will only be one submission date per year,
April 1.

That's what I was thinking.