Well, I'm about quitting MF

Old September 1st 04, 04:09 PM
jjs

Default Well, I'm about quitting MF

On to full-time LF! However, now MF hardware seems so _portable_ and small
that I'm likely to throw a SWC in the pack for snapshots.

Old September 1st 04, 06:08 PM
Gregory Blank

I guess the question is why, for me both serve opposite
purposes. If one wanted to ditch the MF gear, one could just
buy a roll film back and use the LF all the way.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old September 1st 04, 06:59 PM
jjs

"Gregory Blank" wrote in message
I guess the question is why, for me both serve opposite
purposes. If one wanted to ditch the MF gear, one could just
buy a roll film back and use the LF all the way.

Hey, I'm not a masochist!

Old September 1st 04, 07:36 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

jjs wrote:

I guess the question is why, for me both serve opposite
purposes. If one wanted to ditch the MF gear, one could just
buy a roll film back and use the LF all the way.

Hey, I'm not a masochist!

Interesting, though.
MF is the ideal format: not the weight and bulk of LF, image quality as good
as you could possibly need 99.9999% of the time.
So if anything should be abandoned, i would think it would be LF. Except for
those movements...

Still, i guess even that (movements) hasn't stopped many former LF
photographers to use LF less and less. It would seem as if PS and software
like it are quite capable of doing some "perspective correction".
I know, it's not the same thing. Not by far. But it is fooling enough people
so that other people can stop hauling MF gear. ;-)

Old September 1st 04, 11:04 PM
Frank Pittel

jjs wrote:
: On to full-time LF! However, now MF hardware seems so _portable_ and small
: that I'm likely to throw a SWC in the pack for snapshots.

You may want to consider a Russian folding camera! They're small, light, and
have good lenses.

-------------------

Old September 2nd 04, 01:03 AM
jjs

"Frank Pittel" wrote in message
jjs wrote:
: On to full-time LF! However, now MF hardware seems so _portable_ and
small
: that I'm likely to throw a SWC in the pack for snapshots.

You may want to consider a Russian folding camera! They're small, light,
and
have good lenses.

I have two good German MF folders.

Old September 2nd 04, 01:04 AM
jjs

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote in message
[... generous snip...]
MF is the ideal format: not the weight and bulk of LF, image quality as
good
as you could possibly need 99.9999% of the time.

So you are saying I'm of the the .00001%? Whew. I best check meself for
alien genes.