DEATH OF THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60!

Old March 22nd 10, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default DEATH OF THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60!

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Helen
wrote:

On Mar 22, 10:34*am, Annika1980 wrote:
Sad news in the photography world today....

My Totally Digital D60 has experienced shutter failure. *Typical Jap
engineering ..... a few hundred thousand shutter clicks and then they
just tear all to hell. *Normally, it wouldn't bother me too much and
I'd just junk the thing since I also have the incredible 40D and the
FAB 5D2, but I've had the Totally Digital D60 converted to infrared so
I hate to lose that. *I suppose I'll just keep it until I join Canon
CPS and then let them fix it.

The good news is that I can still do infrared the old fashioned way,
via a filter. *The bad news is that it requires very long exposures so
it's not too useful for most situations.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I do love your infrared work very much and
I miss it.
I wonder how much it costs to repair?

More than it's worth. Doesn't he still have a 20D he can convert?
Old March 23rd 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

:
: More than it's worth. Doesn't he still have a 20D he can convert?
:
: He generously gave me his 20D, and his 50mm F1.8 lens, etc.

"Generously"??! As I recall, the 20D became surplus only because YOU game him
a brand-new 40D! Which he should have remanded unto your good self when he
upscaled his kit to the 5D2. But those of us who pay attention to such things

Robert the Crabby
Old March 23rd 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 10-03-22 19:11 , AnOvercomer wrote:
On Mar 22, 2:51 pm, wrote:
On Mar 22, 3:46 pm, wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Helen
More than it's worth. Doesn't he still have a 20D he can convert?

He generously gave me his 20D, and his 50mm F1.8 lens, etc.

Annika1980 gave someone something? I'm impressed.

Over the years Bret has revealed a generous side. This includes a
camera for Helen (who previously sent him a nice gift), tracking down
the owners of a lost P&S camera, and other ways I can't remember offhand.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 23rd 10, 06:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_36_]

wrote:
: On Mar 22, 3:46Â*pm, Bowser wrote:
: On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Helen
:
: More than it's worth. Doesn't he still have a 20D he can convert?
:
: He generously gave me his 20D, and his 50mm F1.8 lens, etc.

"Generously"??! As I recall, the 20D became surplus only because YOU game him
a brand-new 40D! Which he should have remanded unto your good self when he
upscaled his kit to the 5D2. But those of us who pay attention to such things
have ne recollection of his disembarrassing hiself of said 40D. :^|

Robert the Crabby

I'll testify to his generosity, based on personal experience
outside of these groups.

--
Troy Piggins
Old March 23rd 10, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

wrote:

[...]

Yeah.....This is the best answer.....Upgrade at the top, and convert the
next one from the bottom (or wherever) up to I.R.

Old March 23rd 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

wrote:
: On Mar 22, 3:46 pm, Bowser wrote:
: On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Helen
:
: More than it's worth. Doesn't he still have a 20D he can convert?
:
: He generously gave me his 20D, and his 50mm F1.8 lens, etc.

"Generously"??! As I recall, the 20D became surplus only because YOU game
him
a brand-new 40D! Which he should have remanded unto your good self when he
upscaled his kit to the 5D2. But those of us who pay attention to such
things
have ne recollection of his disembarrassing hiself of said 40D. :^|

Robert the Crabby

If in fact you were paying attention you would have noticed that I
mentioned a few times that I did not want the 40D back. As a matter
of fact I said that it would hurt my feelings to have a gift returned
to me.
It's all ancient history now.

......Except for his outstanding work......It keeps coming, and is an
inspiration to those of us (like me) who are much less talented......

Old March 23rd 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

"Helen" wrote in message

wrote:
: On Mar 22, 3:46 pm, Bowser wrote:
[...]

Bret's outstanding work and his phenomenal ability was never in
question. He has always been an inspiration to me. What I meant was
that I don't want to re-hash what I gave Bret or what he gave me. I
only answered Bowser's question as to where Bret's 20D is.

Yeah.....I do hope he fixes his I.R. equipment, though....To me, these are
his best work......

Old March 24th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

: wrote:
: : On Mar 22, 3:46*pm, Bowser wrote:
: : On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Helen
: :
: : More than it's worth. Doesn't he still have a 20D he can convert?
: :
: : He generously gave me his 20D, and his 50mm F1.8 lens, etc.
:
: "Generously"??! As I recall, the 20D became surplus only because YOU game him
: a brand-new 40D! Which he should have remanded unto your good self when he
: upscaled his kit to the 5D2. But those of us who pay attention to such things
: have ne recollection of his disembarrassing hiself of said 40D. :^|
:
: Robert the Crabby
:
: I'll testify to his generosity, based on personal experience
: outside of these groups.

I hope everyone understands that when I poke fun at the Bret/Helen
transactions and interactions, it implies nothing regarding Bret's
personality, behavior, etc. in real life. Or his ability as a photographer,
which, as others have mentioned, seems to be continually increasing as we
watch.

Bob