Panasonic, Soviet Russia, Japan, Nikon, I'm f------, WE ARE ALL F------!

Old March 26th 11, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

Default Panasonic, Soviet Russia, Japan, Nikon, I'm f------, WE ARE ALL F------!

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

So I tested out a friends GH2, liked it, wanted better high ISO noise
control and I decided to get one. Today. Forget it! None to be had
on the continent, that I've seen. Except on Ebay, and in a shortage
situation, buying off Ebay is Russian roulette. Panasonic buyers live
in the equivalent of Soviet Russia. Panasonic is infamous for having
terrible stock levels and deliveries. Couple that with the fact
their Lumix factory was right in the path of the tsunami, and the nuke
plant being down, and rolling power cuts to last for who knows how
long and (according to one guy just back from Japan) we won't see any
GH2's until mid-summer. We'll see. In the meantime, the Japanese
electronic's industry was hit so hard we'll be feeling it for a year
or more.
So what could I do? I bought a D7000 and some lenses. If nothing
else, it'll be fun comparing it to the friend's GH2.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...tsunami-169456

http://www.articlesbase.com/informat...e-4472267.html

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ws_306464.html

Yeah, the hell with over 10,000 people being dead, a country's economy
struggling to survive, food-shortages from radiation, and an impending
deadly radiation cloud. It's all about you fantasizing about buying an
imaginary camera for your mommy's-basement-life one day. Isn't it.

Old March 26th 11, 12:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:07:17 -0700 (PDT), Rich wrote:
: On Mar 25, 9:24*pm, Outing Trolls is FUN!
: wrote:
: On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA
: wrote:
:
:
:
[...]
: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ng-japan-earth...
:
: http://www.articlesbase.com/informat...cles/the-earth...
:
: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ake_and_Tsunam...
:
: Yeah, the hell with over 10,000 people being dead, a country's economy
: struggling to survive, food-shortages from radiation, and an impending
: deadly radiation cloud. It's all about you fantasizing about buying an
: imaginary camera for your mommy's-basement-life one day. Isn't it.
:
: Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
: today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
: cost?

Supy is right. You're behaving like a spoiled brat. I'd say you were damned
lucky to find the D7000 (which, BTW, many seem to consider the finest camera
in its class); the last time I looked, they were pretty much unavailable.

Go sulk somewhere else. Your whining is most unseemly under the circumstances.

Bob
Old March 26th 11, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 3/25/2011 10:07 PM, Rich wrote:

Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
cost?

You did say you worked for Canon marketing. Whatever happened to loyalty?
pleas explain.

Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible.

--
Peter
Old March 26th 11, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Pete D

: wrote:
: On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA
: wrote:
:
:
:
[...]

Not according to DP Review, not quite there.

Old March 26th 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 3/26/2011 11:33 AM, Tony wrote:
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 10:36:08 -0400, PeterN wrote:

Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible.

Only because people like you engage them in "?conversation?".

How about because I want to. Sorry I was unaware I needed your permission.

--
Peter
Old March 26th 11, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 07:42:03 +1100, "Pete D" wrote:
:
:
: ...
: : wrote:
: : On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA
: : wrote:
: :
: :
: :
[...]

Well, I'm partial to the Canon T2i myself; but if you've got Nikon lenses,
it's hard to see how you could go far wrong with the D7000.

Bob
Old March 27th 11, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 3/26/2011 9:28 PM, RichA wrote:
On Mar 26, 10:36 am, wrote:
On 3/25/2011 10:07 PM, Rich wrote:

Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
cost?

You did say you worked for Canon marketing. Whatever happened to loyalty?
pleas explain.

Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible.

--
Peter

Worked. I have no system loyalty.

For some strange reason I believe that is the most factually accurate
statement you have made.

So back to my original question about your lack of CURRENT meaningful
employment.

--
Peter
Old March 27th 11, 04:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:33:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:
: On Mar 26, 8:38*am, Robert Coe wrote:
: Supy is right. You're behaving like a spoiled brat. I'd say you were damned
: lucky to find the D7000 (which, BTW, many seem to consider the finest camera
: in its class); the last time I looked, they were pretty much unavailable.
:
: Go sulk somewhere else. Your whining is most unseemly under the circumstances.
:
: Bob
:
: Unseemly?

It means inappropriate, uncalled-for, crude.

I'm sorry, Rich; I didn't mean to use a word with which you're unfamiliar. I
assumed, perhaps wrongly, that as a resident of Ontario you'd be conversant in
English. (By that I mean I thought you'd know how to read and speak it.)
Perhaps your native language is French? Par malheur, je ne parle pas de
français.

Bob
Old April 2nd 11, 01:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On Mar 26, 10:36 am, wrote:
On 3/25/2011 10:07 PM, Rich wrote:

Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
cost?

You did say you worked for Canon marketing. Whatever happened to loyalty?
pleas explain.

Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible.

--
Peter

Worked. I have no system loyalty.

For some strange reason I believe that is the most factually accurate
statement you have made.

So back to my original question about your lack of CURRENT meaningful
employment.

--
Peter

I'm not lacking, but if you find it pleasurable to attack those who
are unemployed, then you have 25 million in America to attack.
Where's the pussy leftwing sensitivity now, only reserved for non-
whites?

It is obvious to anyone reading your posts thy you have a lot of time on
your hands. Did you ever stop to think about the relationship between
your attitude and employment chances.
You may not like this, but it must be said.
You really don't know who is reading these groups. But, if I was looking
for work, I would not be blaming everybody else and I certainly would
not broadcast my stupid prejudices.
I do not attack you unemployment. I have been there. You really should
think through how you are handling it.

Unemployed people have been know to change careers, spend time looking
for work, actually developing their own businesses, take temporary jobs.
Your tragedy is that you are probably hurting others with your
ineffective, "poor me" attitude.

--
Peter