Diffraction limit for APS-C DLSRs

Old January 6th 11, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

Default Diffraction limit for APS-C DLSRs

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , Pete D
says...

And that would cost how much for a range of sizes to fit different size
lenses for occasional use?

You can use adapter rings, instead of buying new filters for each
different lens diameter. They are quite cheap.

Totally impractical for the range of lens sizes I use.

Old January 7th 11, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , Pete D
says...

Totally impractical for the range of lens sizes I use.

Why? You just buy the filters in the size of your largest lens and one
(step up) adapter for each (smaller) lens size you have. Adapters cost a
few Euro or dollar each.

So how many will I need to go from my 77mm down to my 49mm?

Old January 7th 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kennedy McEwen

In article , Pete D
writes

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
m...
In article , Pete D
says...

Totally impractical for the range of lens sizes I use.

Why? You just buy the filters in the size of your largest lens and one
(step up) adapter for each (smaller) lens size you have. Adapters cost a
few Euro or dollar each.

So how many will I need to go from my 77mm down to my 49mm?

One. ;-)
I have one that came with my Zuiko 18mm f/3.5, but its not for sale.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...mpusom1n2/shar
ed/zuiko/htmls/18mm.htm
--
Kennedy
Old January 8th 11, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Pete D
wrote:

Totally impractical for the range of lens sizes I use.

Why? You just buy the filters in the size of your largest lens and one
(step up) adapter for each (smaller) lens size you have. Adapters cost a
few Euro or dollar each.

So how many will I need to go from my 77mm down to my 49mm?

one ring, although you might be better off with two if you have lenses
between those two sizes.
Old January 10th 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

"Kennedy McEwen" wrote in message
In article , Pete D
writes

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
om...
In article , Pete D
says...

Totally impractical for the range of lens sizes I use.

Why? You just buy the filters in the size of your largest lens and one
(step up) adapter for each (smaller) lens size you have. Adapters cost a
few Euro or dollar each.

So how many will I need to go from my 77mm down to my 49mm?

One. ;-)
I have one that came with my Zuiko 18mm f/3.5, but its not for sale.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...mpusom1n2/shar
ed/zuiko/htmls/18mm.htm

What a monster.

Old January 10th 11, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kennedy McEwen

In article , Pete D
writes

"Kennedy McEwen" wrote in message
In article , Pete D
writes

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
. com...
In article , Pete D
says...

Totally impractical for the range of lens sizes I use.

Why? You just buy the filters in the size of your largest lens and one
(step up) adapter for each (smaller) lens size you have. Adapters cost a
few Euro or dollar each.
So how many will I need to go from my 77mm down to my 49mm?

One. ;-)
I have one that came with my Zuiko 18mm f/3.5, but its not for sale.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...mpusom1n2/shar
ed/zuiko/htmls/18mm.htm

What a monster.

What a brilliant, high performance lens though. I use it on my Canon 5D
regularly as it still out-performs any equivalent.
--
Kennedy
Old January 11th 11, 07:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-01-10 22:47:25 -0800, Alfred Molon said:

In article , Pete D
says...
This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available.
Please check that you've entered the correct item number
Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for
viewing.

In that case just do a google search for a 49-77mm step up ring.

$7
http://www.CameraFilters.com/pages/rings3.aspx

Savageduck

Old January 12th 11, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Sheehy

"Pete D" wrote in
. au:

So how many will I need to go from my 77mm down to my 49mm?

I have 58mm filters from when I used the Sony F707. Otherwise, for all my
DSLR lenses that I might use filters on, I have step-up adapters to 77mm
and have 77mm lens caps on them. Simple. All I need is 77mm filters.

Old January 16th 11, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , Pete D
says...
This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available.
Please check that you've entered the correct item number
Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for
viewing.

In that case just do a google search for a 49-77mm step up ring.

Actually I have just discovered that I cannot use a step up ring with my
DA15, simply will not fit so I have ordered the 49mm filters.