This Pentax is the limit...

Old December 4th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Pete D

Default This Pentax is the limit...

"Rich" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 2:16 pm, Ryan McGinnis wrote:
On 12/3/2010 5:43 PM, RichA wrote:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...es_limited_edi...

That thing is hilarious; some pro-shooter with National Geographic
should buy one and travel the world with it.

That lens on it is a Limited, not cheap. That poor lens...

No it isn't it is the new 35mm 2.4 plastic fantastic, cheap but still pretty
good.

Old December 5th 10, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

"Pete D" wrote in
:

"Rich" wrote in message
.
..

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...hes_limited_ed
i...

That thing is hilarious; some pro-shooter with National Geographic
should buy one and travel the world with it.

That lens on it is a Limited, not cheap. That poor lens...

No it isn't it is the new 35mm 2.4 plastic fantastic, cheap but still
pretty good.

Oh well. Nothing much to write about then, except WHY did Pentax get rid
of a great 35mm f2.0 lens (sharp and affordable) and replace it with a
slower one? What's the point of making the high ISO better if you make
the lenses slower?
Old December 5th 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bruce
wrote:

Nearly all Pentax M42, K and KA manual focus lenses can be fitted to
Canon EOS DSLRs with an inexpensive adapter that retains infinity
focus. So owners of these lenses don't need to buy a Pentax DSLR.

Is there a way to get manual metering on these lenses? One of the cool
features I've seen on the Pentax cameras is a step-down metering that
would give an accurate reading at whatever aperture you'd set the lens
to (or would automatically set the shutter speed if you wanted it to).
While I haven't tried it, I get the impression that with the Canon
cameras I use I'd be stuck with a handheld lightmeter and setting the
shutter speed manually.

You can use them on a Canon EOS body, stopped down, in aperture
priority AE mode. You select the aperture, the camera selects the
shutter speed.

except that stopped down metering is a pain and on canon because the
meter isn't linear with stopped down metering. canon's chuck westfall
has commented about it before.
Old December 5th 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 10-12-05 18:02 , nospam wrote:

except that stopped down metering is a pain and on canon because the
meter isn't linear with stopped down metering. canon's chuck westfall
has commented about it before.

With a digital camera it's much easier to guess-chimp-adjust than to
stop down meter. I do this with the a900 and Hassy lenses.

Method: using your vast experience at guesstimating exposure, set that,
focus, stop down, shoot. Chimp/histo, adjust, re-shoot.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.