Intel and Dell: Scum of the Earth

Old July 24th 10, 05:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default Intel and Dell: Scum of the Earth

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:37:40 -0500, SneakyP
wrote:

RichA wrote in news:3b040b6e-7138-4f1f-9bae-
:

Other big tech companies are also in the government's crosshairs.

I tried to get a system with just a hard-drive (NO OS program) and was told
that I can NOT get such a system from that place without a Microsoft OS
installed.

Why would you think that's a problem? Dell is in the business to sell
computers, and to do so they tailor their inventory components to
match the needs of the most likely customers. They are not in the
bespoke computer business.

If you want a computer with no OS, you can purchase the necessary
build components from a local computer store or one of the online
suppliers of computers. It's not as if Dell is your only source.

I reported them to the appropriate governmental agency.

What is the "appropriate governmental agency"? If there is one that
dictates what companies must stock and sell, it should be abolished.

Micro**** seems to
have some kind of monopoly still with some minor computer outfits.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 24th 10, 06:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
SneakyP[_3_]

tony cooper wrote in
:

wrote:

I tried to get a system with just a hard-drive (NO OS program) and was
told that I can NOT get such a system from that place without a
Microsoft OS installed.

Why would you think that's a problem? Dell is in the business to sell
computers, and to do so they tailor their inventory components to
match the needs of the most likely customers. They are not in the
bespoke computer business.

The subject I commented on was about "others" being in the crosshairs,
not necessarily Dell.

If you want a computer with no OS, you can purchase the necessary
build components from a local computer store or one of the online
suppliers of computers. It's not as if Dell is your only source.

Local computer store outfit is exactly what I described, not Dell. They
made their own systems using components and loaded their hard-drives with
licenced MicroSuck products. They do sell individual parts, including
hard-drives, btw. The manager's insistence that this was the way their
business was run implicitly told me that they were involved in an illegal
scheme with MicroSuck.

I was simply told that my OS, or license of whatever software I had to
install on that new computer system was not allowed. BULL ****.

Is it their business to interfere with MY computer system? I had my OWN
operating system and they were acting like I am required to BUY THEIR MS
INFECTED SYSTEM.

What-- utter-- bunk!

I reported them to the appropriate governmental agency.

What is the "appropriate governmental agency"?

How about the one that regulates the illegal unfair trade practices that
MicroSuck continues to push, in spite of being sued by the U.S.
Government for it? I.E Monopoly

If there is one that
dictates what companies must stock and sell, it should be abolished.

There isn't.

No, Micro**** must be installed (so I was told), or no sale.

Micro**** seems to
have some kind of monopoly still with some minor computer outfits.

As described.

--
SneakyP
To email me, you know what to do.

Old July 24th 10, 11:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Pete D

"SneakyP" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

What-- utter-- bunk!What-- utter-- bunk!What-- utter-- bunk!What-- utter--
bunk!What-- utter-- bunk!What-- utter-- bunk!What-- utter-- bunk!What--

Old July 24th 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

"SneakyP" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

A small retailer called Wal_Mart tried selling Linux machines. The attempt
was a financial failure for them. As Tony Cooper pointed out, it is not
difficult to buy the parts and assemble them.
Microcenter will sell you BYO systems.

--
Peter

Old July 25th 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

wrote:

RichA wrote in news:3b040b6e-7138-4f1f-9bae-
:

Other big tech companies are also in the government's crosshairs.

I tried to get a system with just a hard-drive (NO OS program) and was told
that I can NOT get such a system from that place without a Microsoft OS
installed.

I reported them to the appropriate governmental agency. Micro**** seems to
have some kind of monopoly still with some minor computer outfits.

So, you went to another supplier didn't you?

Why is it so hard for some people to accept the choices a businessman
makes in running his business? If, for what ever reason he has, a
businessman decides to allow smokers in his place of business then
that is HIS choice and HE will suffer the consequences right? Why must
he be FORCED to change the way HE wants to do business? If he fails it
was his fault!

Same with the materials used to make a product. If I want to use INTEL
chips over AMD then that is my choice. My reasons shouldn't enter into
the picture. And if the majority of the buying public does NOT want
INTEL chips then my business will suffer.

I do not understand where this attitude comes from that businesses
should be run to the whim of some official or group. It's not like
there are not plenty of choices out there.

Old July 25th 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much. Finally a voice of freedom!!!
Old July 25th 10, 01:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:26:35 -0500, SneakyP
wrote:

tony cooper wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Your use of "MICROSUCK" and "Infected system" tends to make me think
there is more of a lemming heard mentality at work in your choices
than any actual preference based on anything short of 'Hate the Big
Business' propaganda. I could be wrong though and I will NOT counter
your message by slaying the character of the messenger. Rather I will
counter your contentions here with the simple statement.....

You have other choices. If the store you went to won't sell you what
you want..... go to another outlet. There are alternatives. Why do you
feel the store you went into should bow down to your demands and cater
to your personal whims? OH Yeah..... are you one of those that
believes "The Customer is ALWAYS Right"?

I hate to tell you this my friend..... the customer is NOT always
right. But.... the customer ALWAYS has the final choice!

Had *I* been the business owner I would have kindly and politely shown
you the door and suggester where you could take your business.

I reported them to the appropriate governmental agency.

What is the "appropriate governmental agency"?

How about the one that regulates the illegal unfair trade practices that
MicroSuck continues to push, in spite of being sued by the U.S.
Government for it? I.E Monopoly

Microsoft does NOT have a monopoly. Far from it. There are plenty of
alternatives out there. You are further showing your diet of sour
grapes by expecting that they pattern their business around what you
feel is proper. That kind of thinking will, one day, lead to somebody
knocking on YOUR door and telling YOU how to pattern YOUR life.

I bet your tune changes then!

If there is one that
dictates what companies must stock and sell, it should be abolished.

There isn't.

No, Micro**** must be installed (so I was told), or no sale.

And of course you didn't make the purchase did you? Case closed.

Quit throwing your little temper tantrum because you didn't get your
way. Boo Hoo.

Micro**** seems to
have some kind of monopoly still with some minor computer outfits.

As described.

No, Microsoft has business agreements with their resellers. It's
called doing business. If you don't like it then you have the perfect
opportunity to open your OWN computer store and exclude MS from your
product line. If enough people want your products then you will
thrive. If not there is bankrupcy court.

And them is the facts of life kiddo. Now quit your hissy fit!
Old July 25th 10, 01:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 08:31:12 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

"SneakyP" wrote in message
. 1...
tony cooper wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

As will Compter Direct, Tiger Direct and many MANY others. You can go
to SysteMax and get a bare computer at a great price and install what
ever you want to install.