Battery Grips

Old June 19th 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
M J Wyllie

Default Battery Grips

Hi, I have a question regarding battery grips. I have a Canon 450D & the genuine battery grip for
this will set me back $165 + $20 postage. On Ebay, I can get a non-genuine grip for $40.99 postage free!

Has anyone here had any good/bad experiences with non-genuine grips? The saving is too big to ignore.

--
Michael W.
Old June 20th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"M J Wyllie" wrote in message
anews.com...
Hi, I have a question regarding battery grips. I have a Canon 450D & the
genuine battery grip for this will set me back $165 + $20 postage. On
Ebay, I can get a non-genuine grip for $40.99 postage free!

Has anyone here had any good/bad experiences with non-genuine grips? The
saving is too big to ignore.

--
Michael W.

There was a fair bit of talk on the DP Review Pentax forum a while back and
it seemed that the one for the K-7 was pretty good, not as well sealed but
it worked just fine. I suspect that the one for your 450D would be pretty
much the same. At that price you could not go to far wrong.

I have a Pentax grip for my K-7 and it just works too but I am expecting
that it will work a bit better in adverse conditions because of the full
sealing..

Pete

Help with battery grips David Conrad Digital SLR Cameras 1 March 9th 10 02:49 AM
Help with battery grips Bristolian[_3_] Digital SLR Cameras 1 March 8th 10 11:09 PM
Help with battery grips Savageduck[_3_] Digital SLR Cameras 1 March 8th 10 06:24 PM
Battery Grips Joe Digital Photography 11 December 15th 05 01:45 AM
Using Lithium Cells in Battery Grips Cockpit Colin Digital SLR Cameras 13 August 15th 05 03:37 PM