Photo London Weblink

Old February 16th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Photo London Weblink

Photo London Weblink
http://photolondon.blogspot.com/

I have created this weblink
but I am using a samsung 4 mega pixel camera. I am not happy with the
colours

Can anyone advise me of a better camera?

New Photo Gallery: World & Emotion http://photoextra.blogspot.com/
New Photo Gallery: Amsterdam Mo http://photoamsterdam.blogspot.com/

Old February 17th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

You have some very well composed and interesting shots here.The problem
on my screen is that they are all very dark have you edited them at
all?I have tried some editing on a few examples and they now look
perfectly OK to me..

Did you use the same camera for the(also excellent)photos in your other
galleries?

Old February 17th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"*Albert & Photo Galleries*" wrote in message
Photo London Weblink
http://photolondon.blogspot.com/

I have created this weblink
but I am using a samsung 4 mega pixel camera. I am not happy with the
colours

Can anyone advise me of a better camera?

New Photo Gallery: World & Emotion http://photoextra.blogspot.com/
New Photo Gallery: Amsterdam Mo http://photoamsterdam.blogspot.com/

Albert, the first half of your blog discusses the Tower of London but 5 of
the 6 photo's show Tower Bridge. They're distinct structures that bear
nothing in common aside from proximity and name.
What do find is wrong with the colours from your Samsung?
--
Simon
http://www.pbase.com/stanmore

Old February 17th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"*Albert & Photo Galleries*" wrote:

Photo London Weblink
http://photolondon.blogspot.com/

I have created this weblink
but I am using a samsung 4 mega pixel camera. I am not happy with the
colours

Can anyone advise me of a better camera?

What makes you think the camera is the problem?

Old February 18th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Tony Polson wrote:

"*Albert & Photo Galleries*" wrote:

Photo London Weblink
http://photolondon.blogspot.com/

I have created this weblink
but I am using a samsung 4 mega pixel camera. I am not happy with the
colours

Can anyone advise me of a better camera?

What makes you think the camera is the problem?

Gratuitous barb.
Give some advice instead Mr. Paris Match Cover Shooter.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old February 18th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

*Albert & Photo Galleries* wrote:

Photo London Weblink
http://photolondon.blogspot.com/

I have created this weblink
but I am using a samsung 4 mega pixel camera. I am not happy with the
colours

Can anyone advise me of a better camera?

The colors are really a reflecton (so to speak) of the light you shot
in. As the day was semi-cloudy, you got a lot of indirect partially
defused light which is both flat in texturing and neutral to slightly
blue in color.

If you want colors to stand out more, shoot earlier or later in the day.
Avoid the 10h00 - 15h00 period as the light is either very contrasty
(no clouds) or very flat (cloudy).

On clear days in the hours after sunrise or hours before sunset, you
will get warmer colors.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old February 21st 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"*Albert & Photo Galleries*" wrote in
:

Photo London Weblink
http://photolondon.blogspot.com/

I have created this weblink
but I am using a samsung 4 mega pixel camera. I am not happy
with the colours

Can anyone advise me of a better camera?

New Photo Gallery: World & Emotion
http://photoextra.blogspot.com/ New Photo Gallery: Amsterdam
Mo http://photoamsterdam.blogspot.com/

The colours look fine to me and my display is calibrated with a
hardware colorimeter (Spyder2Pro). As Alan said, I think the colours
of the images probably represent the colours that you saw.

The composition is also very good. If I have any suggestions so
make, it would be that I think the images are a small bit over-
sharpened. Did the camera do all the sharpening or did you sharpen
in post-processing?