Duck: did you snag Endeavour?

Old September 23rd 12, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Duck: did you snag Endeavour?

On 2012.09.23 16:19 , Bruce wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

An amateurish bullying ex-cop
snapshooter

Actually a professional, successful, retired cop, snapshooter.

Professional? Successful? Meh.

Rather than another of your vain attempts at self-promotion, you
should let others judge you. You're just another bully in a long line
of Usenet photo bullies.

Before you came along, the cowardly Alan Browne (aren't all bullies
basically cowards?) used to get "Brisbane's best", Doug McDonald, to
do his dirty work for him. I suppose one could have expected Alan
Browne to stoop really low, but *that low*? There was the unseemly
and quite sickening mutual admiration between them, exactly the same
as SI people mutually admiring each other's numerous abject failures.

Then, for a time, Alan was on his own and was fairly subdued. Then
you came along, just another talentless coward who appears quite
prepared to do Alan's bullying for him.

I don't know which of you is lower, but to quote an old Middle Eastern
proverb, you are both 'below the snake's belly'.

Thank you Tony Polson (aka "Bruce").

With that simple posting you demonstrate again what a pompous hot airbag
you are.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Old September 23rd 12, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-23 13:19:08 -0700, Bruce said:

Savageduck wrote:

An amateurish bullying ex-cop
snapshooter

Actually a professional, successful, retired cop, snapshooter.

Professional? Successful? Meh.

Rather than another of your vain attempts at self-promotion, you
should let others judge you. You're just another bully in a long line
of Usenet photo bullies.

Self promotion? I have not one thing to promote. You might have noted
my retired status.
Regarding letting others judge me, I do, every time I do something you
consistently fail to do, post a link to one of my "snapshots".
....and you are certainly not one to judge my career.

The only individual self promoting around here is you, and we are not
sure what it is you are promoting. Certainly not your photography.

Bully? Me? I'm just an old dawg in need of a belly rub.

Before you came along, the cowardly Alan Browne (aren't all bullies
basically cowards?) used to get "Brisbane's best", Doug McDonald, to
do his dirty work for him. I suppose one could have expected Alan
Browne to stoop really low, but *that low*? There was the unseemly
and quite sickening mutual admiration between them, exactly the same
as SI people mutually admiring each other's numerous abject failures.

Then, for a time, Alan was on his own and was fairly subdued. Then
you came along, just another talentless coward who appears quite
prepared to do Alan's bullying for him.

The only cowardly behavior I have seen in this room is yours.

I don't know which of you is lower, but to quote an old Middle Eastern
proverb, you are both 'below the snake's belly'.

....and now you resort to Middle Eastern insults. I feel so slighted, so
hurt. How ironic that you were able to find us down here where you
dwell.

Savageduck

Old September 23rd 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-23 13:52:31 -0700, Alan Browne

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

....and now confirmed "TROLL".

Savageduck

Old September 23rd 12, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 2012-09-23 13:19:08 -0700, Bruce said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

To use the old Army expression.
He's lower than whale ****, and that's at the bottom of the ocean.

--
Peter
Old September 23rd 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-23 09:19:32 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 2012.09.23 11:55 , Bruce wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

In my opinion Dale does great work while at work at LAX. We cannot say
the same of anything we have seen from you.

Who cares? I welcome comments on my work from people whom I respect
and admire and from whom I can learn.

Of course! And what was their opinion on Tony Polson's (aka "Bruce")
Paris Match cover photo?

An amateurish bullying ex-cop
snapshooter passes none of the three tests, but there are plenty of
people who do and they have taught me a great deal.

As far as the "Royal We" goes, exactly the same comments apply to the
woeful snapshooters who populate the SI. Perhaps spending on tuition
rather than buying yet more expensive equipment and software would
elevate the standard? Unless of course you are as unteachable as
would appear, whether singly or as a group.

I've met many Brits in my life,

Yup! My mother was one, and I married one.

and to be sure a few were a bit arrogant and rude.

Actually among those I have met, very few.

But most are very charming and polite - and self deprecating in that
modest, British way. Of course they were talented and had made
something of themselves first.

Agreed.

All Tony Polson (aka "Bruce") is talented at is insulting others while
shielding the plain facts about his mediocre, nothing existence.

So you noticed?

Oh, Tony Polson (aka "Bruce"), congrats on finally getting those photos
off of railfan. That reduces the noise level of the photo universe
considerably.

Try to keep them off of the net now, will you. Maybe replace them with
your famous Tony Polson (aka "Bruce") Paris Match cover photo?

I find it strange that Paris Match hasn't solicited more work from "Le
photographe britannique extraordinaire" excuse my French.

Savageduck

Old September 23rd 12, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-09-23 13:52:31 -0700, Alan Browne

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Doesn't that take a vote? I don't have the rulebook handy.

Old September 23rd 12, 10:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-09-23 09:19:32 -0700, Alan Browne

Savageduck wrote:

In my opinion Dale does great work while at work at LAX. We cannot say
the same of anything we have seen from you.

Who cares? I welcome comments on my work from people whom I respect
and admire and from whom I can learn.

Of course! And what was their opinion on Tony Polson's (aka "Bruce")
Paris Match cover photo?

An amateurish bullying ex-cop
snapshooter passes none of the three tests, but there are plenty of
people who do and they have taught me a great deal.

As far as the "Royal We" goes, exactly the same comments apply to the
woeful snapshooters who populate the SI. Perhaps spending on tuition
rather than buying yet more expensive equipment and software would
elevate the standard? Unless of course you are as unteachable as
would appear, whether singly or as a group.

I've met many Brits in my life,

Yup! My mother was one, and I married one.

How lovely for your.

and to be sure a few were a bit arrogant and rude.

Actually among those I have met, very few.

Right.

But most are very charming and polite - and self deprecating in that
modest, British way. Of course they were talented and had made
something of themselves first.

Agreed.

My my, what is it with us today?

All Tony Polson (aka "Bruce") is talented at is insulting others while
shielding the plain facts about his mediocre, nothing existence.

So you noticed?

I need sunglasses from the glare of it.

Oh, Tony Polson (aka "Bruce"), congrats on finally getting those
photos off of railfan. That reduces the noise level of the photo
universe considerably.

Try to keep them off of the net now, will you. Maybe replace them
with your famous Tony Polson (aka "Bruce") Paris Match cover photo?

I find it strange that Paris Match hasn't solicited more work from "Le
photographe britannique extraordinaire" excuse my French.

Probably in the make believe edition.

Old September 23rd 12, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
NM5K

On 2012-09-21 17:40:22 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

Some snaps.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-endeavour-ove
r-los-angeles-reader-photos.html

(Enterprise (which never flew in space) flew low around and over
Montreal on the back of one of the 2 747's in the early 80's and I saw
that. It landed in Ottawa - a buddy of mine and I flew his C-172
there to see it up close on the ground. Impressive. (It may not have
been called "Enterprise" at the time for that matter). He took video
IIRC. I didn't have a camera with me).

Unfortunately, no!
The closest it got to me was the fly over of the Monterey Bay Aquarium (
36.618253,-121.901481 ). I was some 90 miles South in the Lake
Nacimiento area ( 35.7204983333,-120.8808650000 )with other stuff
happening.

I was going to try to get a few shots as it flew around Houston, but..
I forgot about it... It was real early in the morning also, and I would
have had to fight rush hour traffic.
I also considered going over to Ellington on it's stop there, but
they said the traffic around the area was a nightmare.. I'm kind of
glad I avoided all that.
Oh well.. another day, another $2.13...
BTW, I think it's a damned shame none of those shuttle got to stay
at JSC.. I think we got the seat out of one... Or sumtin like that.. :/
I think it was a mistake to retire the things before we had something
up and running to replace it. Depending on other countries to bus
us back and forth to the ISS rubs me the wrong way.
Not to mention, having the shuttle could come in very handy if there
were ever a major emergency on that thing.

Old September 23rd 12, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the Legend of LAX

On 2012-09-22 12:44:50 -0700, Bruce said:

the Legend of LAX wrote:

I was standing literally feet from touchdown

How many feet was that, er, literally?

Go and check Dale's work

I'm not remotely interested in hearing your opinion of Dale's work, or
of anyone else's work for that matter.

What a pity Dale doesn't seem to possess a voice of his own, and that
you feel obliged (as always) to dominate the thread instead.

Actually, I do have a voice of my own. It's just that I only check this
group once a day & didn't realize there was a flame war going on. It's
one reason I rarely (never) post here. Somebody asked if the Duck got
pictures & I thought I'd share. I make no apologies for that.

I was about 50 feet from the edge of the runway. Of course, even if I
were 1000 feet away, I would still be literally feet from the touchdown.
It just would have been lots of them. Perhaps I exaggerated a slight
amount, but I was excited to have been where I was.

There were supposed to be three pics in that link, only one showed up.
Here are the other two pics. Hope they're not quite so controversial.

http://tinyurl.com/9eqyxwj
http://tinyurl.com/93zp7hm

--
Dale G Elhardt AG6MA
Cypress Ca

Old September 24th 12, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-22 12:44:50 -0700, Bruce said:

the Legend of LAX wrote:

[...]

Glad you joined the fray. ;-)

We will see if "Tony/Bruce" has anything more to say now.

Savageduck