A stunning image of Stonehenge

Old January 26th 19, 09:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

Default A stunning image of Stonehenge

On 26/01/2019 20:32, wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 5:57:58 PM UTC-5, David B. wrote:
From my Photographic FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

Please let me know if you can view the image at this link.

--
David B.

No, I cannot. I am not a Facebook member and have no password, nor do I want to be a member.

Thanks for letting me know, Mort Linder

--
David B.
Old January 27th 19, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 1/25/2019 10:38 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Ron C wrote:
On 1/25/2019 9:03 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Ken Hart wrote:
On 1/25/19 6:35 AM, David B. wrote:

Major Snip

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...&oe=5CBE4F 5B

Sorry about that!

I'm not Eric, but it was my wall!

It's a very nice beach scene. If I wanted an image that was slightly
reminiscent of Monet, I'd go for it. But if I wanted a _photograph_ of a
beach, I would pass. I've seen photographs of beaches, and that's not a
photograph of a beach.
But it's still very nice.

That is a mediocre snapshot that is/was in dire need of an ND filter, or
much fixing to deal with those blown highlights. Certainly not worthy of
any sort of serious display,

Damn, I'm really thinking about posting one of my "artistic" cat
photos now. :-)
....or maybe not. :-)

Why not? ;-)

A photograph is just a photograph after all, some are great, some are
cliché, some are truly awful, and some are truly awful clichés.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/blqwlsvhhdwlfx6/IMG_4285.jpg

OK, I picked out a few cat photos. They range in order from
realistic to garishly over the top. Cliché? Totally YMMV
~~
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8a80jp1gn...0%23Squiky.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dszf2h3egl...0773%20Bax.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj0bwoo8yd...0%5Boil%5D.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gcxj58l3e...t-O-Keykat.jpg
~~
--
==
Later...

Old January 27th 19, 10:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Ken Hart wrote:
On 1/25/19 6:35 AM, David B. wrote:

[...]

OK, that is Squiky, and seems to be just fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dszf2h3egl...0773%20Bax.jpg

That sort of rendering is not my thing, but if it works for you, OK.

https://www.dropbox.com/szj0bwoo8yd8x1td008F%20Matt%2BSquik%20%5Boil%5D.jp g

This one gets too paint brushy for me, especially the green background
foliage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gcxj58l3e...t-O-Keykat.jpg

I guess this is what you meant by over the top. ;-)

Savageduck
Old January 28th 19, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Ken Hart wrote:
On 1/25/19 6:35 AM, David B. wrote:

[...]

In pure weight this guy will probably trump you
https://www.dropbox.com/s/spb1lhfi9h...02905.jpg?dl=0

Eric Stevens
Old January 28th 19, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Ken Hart wrote:
On 1/25/19 6:35 AM, David B. wrote:

[...]

Nice...

Ah well, as for "pure weight" I don't have an appropriately weighty photo
of Cadtickull [aka FAT-ickull] but suspect he'd trump that. :-)
[However, I have nothing to trump that chair.]
~
My cats range from skinny to FAT though all have the same food access.
~
Anyway, my point was more of a range of photo 'artistry' that is valid
within
some, um, sub-genre .. counter to the (purest) suggestion(s) in this thread
that photography needs, nay, must reflect reality.
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
Requisite added cat photo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x67sodpdinno64f/2977~Matt%2BBaxter~1a.jpg
:-)
--
==
Later...

Old January 28th 19, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Ken Hart wrote:
On 1/25/19 6:35 AM, David B. wrote:

[...]

That photo was taken with an mp3 player/camera. Very low quality
640 x 480 image. I haven't played with that shot in years.
I agree, the foliage is distracting. I went back and tweaked that part
a bit. Still paint brushy but (maybe) a little better.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rwtsd552vw07z7/008F~Matt%2BSquik%5Bpaint%5D.jpg

...snip...
--
==
Later...

Old January 29th 19, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Ken Hart wrote:
On 1/25/19 6:35 AM, David B. wrote:

[...]

A little better. However, now the water bowl looks like a David Hockney
swimming pool. ;-)

Savageduck