35mm

Old March 2nd 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default 35mm

dncswclds wrote:
I guess I got it all wrong. 35mm club and you talk digital. Bye

Club? This is not a club, it's a newsgroup.

35mm? Sure, full frame digital is 35mm.

Film, sure, we talk film. About the same proportion as people actually
using film. Which is less and less whether some people like it or not
(I still shoot film, though less than digital.

So big boy, go ahead and talk film. No problem. Contribute instead of
complain.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old March 3rd 09, 07:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete D

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
dncswclds wrote:
I guess I got it all wrong. 35mm club and you talk digital. Bye

Club? This is not a club, it's a newsgroup.

35mm? Sure, full frame digital is 35mm.

Film, sure, we talk film. About the same proportion as people actually
using film. Which is less and less whether some people like it or not (I
still shoot film, though less than digital.

So big boy, go ahead and talk film. No problem. Contribute instead of
complain.

Has he paid his club fees though? ;-)

Old March 3rd 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Beefy LaSleep

OK, let's talk film

Velvia or Provia?

Generally I use Velvia, but for some shots, especially for those I
scan, I thought I read where Provia has advantages. They are both
excellent films, but do you have a preference, and why?
Old March 4th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
K W Hart

"Beefy LaSleep" wrote in message

OK, let's talk film

Velvia or Provia?

Generally I use Velvia, but for some shots, especially for those I
scan, I thought I read where Provia has advantages. They are both
excellent films, but do you have a preference, and why?

Has anyone ever considered where they come up with these film names? To me,
one sounds like female anatomy and the other sounds like a kind of cheese!
I think I'll just stick with my Kodacolor! (Mama done took my Kodachrome
away![Paul Simon reference, for the humor challenged])

Old March 4th 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Beefy LaSleep

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:36:18 GMT, "K W Hart"
wrote:

Has anyone ever considered where they come up with these film names? To me,
one sounds like female anatomy and the other sounds like a kind of cheese!
I think I'll just stick with my Kodacolor! (Mama done took my Kodachrome
away![Paul Simon reference, for the humor challenged])

Not much different that vehicle names. Things like "Camaro" are made
up; what the heck is "Prius"; did you really want your friends to know
you drive a "Probe"; and do you have the "Vibe?"

I'm in favor of the Ford Mallard; the Dodge Gerbil; the Chevy
Wildebeest; or just the GMC Piece O'Crap.
Old March 5th 09, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

wrote:

Has anyone ever considered where they come up with these film names? To me,
one sounds like female anatomy and the other sounds like a kind of cheese!
I think I'll just stick with my Kodacolor! (Mama done took my Kodachrome
away![Paul Simon reference, for the humor challenged])

Not much different that vehicle names. Things like "Camaro" are made
up; what the heck is "Prius"; did you really want your friends to know
you drive a "Probe"; and do you have the "Vibe?"

I'm in favor of the Ford Mallard; the Dodge Gerbil; the Chevy
Wildebeest; or just the GMC Piece O'Crap.

Most appropriate name of late is the Honda Fit.

For such a small car, it is incredible what you can fit inside of it
(seats fold down in a clever way making a surprising amount of volume
available). The other day picked up a few 2x4's and they fit inside the
car (albeit resting on the passenger side dashboard with padding).

And of course, as such a small car, it fits in tighter parking areas...

(My SO bought one last summer as she's on the road a lot (great mileage)
and it has ample room for samples, etc.).

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old March 5th 09, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Murray

'95 Camaro here. No problem with the name except people
mispronounce it. 2 'a's - no 'e'. Some believe it is a
spanish dialect word for friend.
'Prius' always makes me think of 'Priapus'.
You forgot the Citroen 'Citron' - the original lemon.
Right up there with the 'Apache'.

Old March 11th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

wrote:

Has anyone ever considered where they come up with these film names?
To me, one sounds like female anatomy and the other sounds like a
kind of cheese!
I think I'll just stick with my Kodacolor! (Mama done took my
Kodachrome away![Paul Simon reference, for the humor challenged])

Not much different that vehicle names. Things like "Camaro" are made
up; what the heck is "Prius"; did you really want your friends to know
you drive a "Probe"; and do you have the "Vibe?"

I'm in favor of the Ford Mallard; the Dodge Gerbil; the Chevy
Wildebeest; or just the GMC Piece O'Crap.

Most appropriate name of late is the Honda Fit.

Ford Focus.
Not quite as well focused but same concept & naming.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net