Bluefire Police film?

Old October 31st 09, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.darkroom
Noons

Default Bluefire Police film?

David Nebenzahl wrote,on my timestamp of 31/10/2009 5:49 AM:
On 10/30/2009 8:17 AM Thor Lancelot Simon spake thus:

I wonder whether, at this late date, it would be possible to persuade
Kodak to divulge the formula for Technidol.

Sorry, wrong newsgroup; that should be Richard *K*. (M is a guru from
another NG.)

Anyone in APUG would possibly know?
I'm still finding Technidol in a number of local shops. Stashing it away in
large quantities at the mo: used with Adox CMS20, I get stunning results.
Adox makes their own developer for their film but Technidol works brilliantly as
well.
Old October 31st 09, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.darkroom
Murray

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Thor Lancelot Simon" wrote

I wonder whether, at this late date, it would be possible to persuade
Kodak to divulge the formula for Technidol.

That would be lovely.

Whatever it is, it isn't POTA, more like H&W Control. The ingredients:

1) Diethylene Glycol:
diluent

2) Hydroquinone:
developing agent

3) Diethanolamine sulfur dioxide complex:
alkali/activator?
Carbonate substitute? Kodak loves the stuff.

4) Tris (1-methylethyl) naphthalene sulfonic acid sodium salt:
wetting agent/developing agent(?)

5) 1-Phenyl-4, 4-dimethyl-3-pyrazolidinone:
AKA Dimezone, phenidone-like developing agent

I am taking a guess at the reasons for the DEA-SO2 and naptha-sulfonic salt.
Anyone with any more clues?

For the sake of record I measured the pH of Technidol before
I poured it into the tank - it was 8.8. This surprised me as
plain DEA has a pH higher than TEA. The SO2 may pull it down.
The colour of the spent developer even after 7 mins was brown and I
expected it to be pinkish if penidone (Dimezone) was the
main agent. Didn't know about the HQ altho it could be a
substitute for catechol which IIRC was thought to be in
Technidol originally. I have no data on that.
How active is HQ at pH 8.8?
Getting to be like alchemy.
Murray