economy in developing paper

Old October 16th 04, 10:33 PM
Dan Quinn

"Dickless Cheney" wrote

Where does one find this chemical, as well as other photo chemicals?

There is more than one good source. I favor Photographer's
Formulary because they supply a very large selection of chemicals
and they do so sell each in small to large amounts.
There are five essential chemicals for film and paper developing.
The five are; metol, sodium sulfite, sodium carbonate, sodium or
potassium bromide, and sodium or ammonium thiosulfate.
For those new to Homebrew I suggest these quantities in the
above order; 100 grams, 1 lb, 1 lb, 100 grams, and 1 lb of the
sodium.
I suggest sodium thiosulfate anhydrous because it does not spoil
and is easy to mix fresh when ready to use. Dan
Old October 18th 04, 10:16 AM
Dan Quinn

Tom Phillips wrote

All you need is enough fluid to cover the paper.

For easy going pre-wet the paper in the tray with a little
water. Dump that. The paper will then lie flat on the tray
bottom. Four ounces, perhaps a little less, will make
for easy processing. Dan

Do the same with the fixer. I think you will find that you do
not need a stop bath. Only one tray is needed to develop and fix.
No tired developer, and no tired fixer. Dan