How to Decipher jpeg filename

Old October 10th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default How to Decipher jpeg filename

I have found a picture that i really want to find out the exact date
it was taken. I am sure it is in the filename but unsure how to read
it...can anyone help please? It wasnt taken with my camera so i don't
know what brand of camera took the shot.
The filename is:
l_784c73d4d4b2509398a241626249f5f3

Thanks to anyone that can help
Jesse

Old October 10th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Oct 10, 12:55 pm, John Ferguson wrote:
wrote:
I have found a picture that i really want to find out the exact date
it was taken. I am sure it is in the filename but unsure how to read
it...can anyone help please? It wasnt taken with my camera so i don't
know what brand of camera took the shot.
The filename is:
l_784c73d4d4b2509398a241626249f5f3

Thanks to anyone that can help
Jesse

How about feeding it to an program that can read the EXIF data (if it
has any)?

How would i do that?
sorry i really dont know any suggestions?

Old October 10th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

wrote:
I have found a picture that i really want to find out the exact date
it was taken. I am sure it is in the filename but unsure how to read
it...can anyone help please? It wasnt taken with my camera so i don't
know what brand of camera took the shot.
The filename is:
l_784c73d4d4b2509398a241626249f5f3

Thanks to anyone that can help
Jesse

How about feeding it to an program that can read the EXIF data (if it
has any)?

How would i do that?
sorry i really dont know any suggestions?

ok i figured out how to view the exif data but their isnt any..can i
still tell from the filename?

Old October 10th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Oct 10, 6:34 pm, Paul Furman wrote:
John Ferguson wrote:
wrote:

I have found a picture that i really want to find out the exact date
it was taken. I am sure it is in the filename but unsure how to read
it...can anyone help please? It wasnt taken with my camera so i don't
know what brand of camera took the shot.
The filename is:
l_784c73d4d4b2509398a241626249f5f3

Thanks to anyone that can help
Jesse

How about feeding it to an program that can read the EXIF data (if it
has any)?

ok i figured out how to view the exif data but their isnt any..can i
still tell from the filename?

Probably not, that filename looks like it was generated by the web
gallery with a database. It might relate to the time it was uploaded
(although it's unlikely you could decipher it), probably not when it was
shot.

--
Paul Furman Photographyhttp://edgehill.net
Bay Natives Nurseryhttp://www.baynatives.com- Hide quoted text -

The name looks like an MD5 hash value - a 32 byte string. This will
be based on content, and no relation to time. It is best described as
a digital signature.

Michael
www.cnwrecovery.com