Why do they always leave out one feature?!

Old August 16th 07, 09:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
RPS

Default Why do they always leave out one feature?!

I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
except one: the zoom range is too small.

Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most every way except
one: lack of aperture/shutter priority.

It is so frustrating that camera companies always leave out one feature
I would really want! :-)
Old August 16th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
RonTheGuy

RPS wrote:
I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
except one: the zoom range is too small.

Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most every way except
one: lack of aperture/shutter priority.

It is so frustrating that camera companies always leave out one feature
I would really want! :-)

I ended up with a camera that has almost every conceivable feature but
the camera itself gets less than a top grade and some of the features
don't work all that well. It's the Olympus SP-510UZ.
10x zoom range
Auto/program/shutter priority/aperture priority/manual exposure
Manual focus
RAW support
Time lapse
Movie mode
Panorama mode
etc.

I like it but...
Menu structure is a little difficult and some functions are hard to get
or change.
I've had to reset the camera at least once in the field when it lost
the ability to zoom.
Manual focus is not implemented well.

You get the idea. You might do well to give up on a feature or 2 to get
a camera that has a good interface and gets good images.

Ron
Old August 16th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
ray

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:21:28 +0000, RPS wrote:

I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
except one: the zoom range is too small.

Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most every way except
one: lack of aperture/shutter priority.

It is so frustrating that camera companies always leave out one feature
I would really want! :-)

FWIW - my feature list is probably rather brief, but I've found nothing
wanting on the Kodak P series.

Old August 16th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
RPS

:
: Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most every way except
: one: lack of aperture/shutter priority.
:
: It is so frustrating that camera companies always leave out one feature
: I would really want! :-)

I forgot to include my last, cynical punch line. It occurred to me,
and that's why I made the post, that maybe it is not coincidence.
In these days of super-planned marketing schemes, this could be
deliberate to always want us to upgrade or buy something else.
After all, if you found just the right camera for you, why would you
buy more?
Old August 22nd 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
AAvK

"RPS" wrote in message ...
I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
except one: the zoom range is too small.

Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most every way except
one: lack of aperture/shutter priority.

It is so frustrating that camera companies always leave out one feature
I would really want! :-)

Study the Fujifilm s9100.
AAvK
Old August 22nd 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Nushar

AAvK wrote:

: "RPS" wrote
: I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
: except one: the zoom range is too small.
:
: Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most every way except
: one: lack of aperture/shutter priority.
:
: It is so frustrating that camera companies always leave out one feature
: I would really want! :-)
:
: Study the Fujifilm s9100.

What's there to study? He is talking about compact all-in-ones and you
are citing a DSLR!

--
Z (Remove all XX, YY, ZZ)
Old August 22nd 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Nushar

: : Study the Fujifilm s9100.
:
: What's there to study? He is talking about compact all-in-ones and you
: are citing a DSLR!

My apologies. It is late in the night and I was still irked at you
because of the other thread. :-)

Anyway, s9100 is only SLR-like, but at 26.5 oz it is almost twice the
weight of Lumix FZ-18 (14.4 oz). I would look at the latter for this
reason, but of course other people's tastes and needs may vary.

--
Z (Remove all XX, YY, ZZ)
Old August 22nd 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
AAvK

"Nushar" wrote in message ...
: : Study the Fujifilm s9100.
:
: What's there to study? He is talking about compact all-in-ones and you
: are citing a DSLR!

My apologies. It is late in the night and I was still irked at you
because of the other thread. :-)

Anyway, s9100 is only SLR-like, but at 26.5 oz it is almost twice the
weight of Lumix FZ-18 (14.4 oz). I would look at the latter for this
reason, but of course other people's tastes and needs may vary.

--
Z (Remove all XX, YY, ZZ)

"Irked" at me... you can KISS MY ASS where it is rosy red!
AAvK