Photoshop CC problem(s)

Old January 18th 21, 09:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Photoshop CC problem(s)

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 12:01:40 +0000, Melanie van Buren
wrote:

On 12/01/2021 07:48, Eric Stevens wrote:

As far as I can tell I have the same problem irrespective of whether I
am using PS 2020 or 2021.

Has anyone encountered or heard of a similar problem and if so what
was the cause/cure?

This gearhead masturbation topic generated 66 replies. That's an order
of magnitude more than it would generate on a dedicated Adobe forum.
Meanwhile eff all response all week on topics on the actual subject of,
duh, photography.

I had hoped for helpful answers but they were sparse on the ground :-(

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 09:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 19:20:02 +0000, Melanie van Buren
wrote:

On 16/01/2021 17:54, Bill W wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote
(in article ):

On 12/01/2021 07:48, Eric Stevens wrote:

As far as I can tell I have the same problem irrespective of whether I
am using PS 2020 or 2021.

Has anyone encountered or heard of a similar problem and if so what
was the cause/cure?

This gearhead masturbation topic generated 66 replies. That's an order
of magnitude more than it would generate on a dedicated Adobe forum.
Meanwhile eff all response all week on topics on the actual subject of,
duh, photography.

It is photography. Post processing is part of it, and this is rec photo
*digital*. Computers are pretty much required. If a poster can’t get his PC
to run Photoshop, his tool for processing, we try to help. It seems to be a
PC problem, not an Adobe problem, and some people here are knowledgeable in
that area - both Windows and Mac. It’s not like this subject is crowding
out any others. It’s a quiet little group here, and can be very helpful on
varied subjects.

You can rationalize anything away like that. Anyone stop to think the op
may be running warez?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photo...ies&filter=all

I have found the problem and it seems to involve Adobe, Microsoft and
Acronis. Who has actually caused the problem I do not yet know.

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 09:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 19:46:15 +0000, Melanie van Buren
wrote:

On 16/01/2021 19:36, Bill W wrote:
[...]

Or answer honestly like that.

Anyone stop to think the op
may be running warez?

Not anyone who actually read his posts.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photo...ort=latest_rep
lies&filter=all

If you ever have an issue, you might appreciate the help you can get here.

Why would I bother reading an achingly boring gearhead topic? They know
where the tech support forums are...

I tried that first. No useful answers.

What help? Nobody here actually wants to make the effort of discussing
art and photography or anything I'm interested in. Gearhead talk doesn't
rock my boat even if it is the lazy option.

I'm interested in the little you have contributed. It's just that I
have had no useful comment so far. Keep going. you may stimulate like
minds.

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 09:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 13:31:11 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

What help? Nobody here actually wants to make the effort of discussing
art and photography or anything I'm interested in. Gearhead talk doesn't
rock my boat even if it is the lazy option.

This thread relates to Eric, a long time subscriber to this NG having a problem with Photoshop. If you hadn’t been paying attention you should be aware that Photoshop is an editing tool that most serious photographers, pro & amateur use as a fundamental part of their photography workflow.

As for photography, from time to time some of us actually post images, and sometimes we might get a comment or two.

Perhaps you should exercise your particular boredom over at alt.binaries.photos.original. The folks there might applaud your artistry.

Both of us have posted photographs to this group from time to time but
neither of us lately (I am not ignoring your drone videos but they are
a different class of object). But I must say you are in danger of
turning into a grumpy old man. :-)

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 10:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 22:00:34 +0000, Melanie van Buren
wrote:

On 16/01/2021 21:31, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote
(in article ):

This gearhead masturbation topic generated 66 replies. That's an order
of magnitude more than it would generate on a dedicated Adobe forum.
Meanwhile eff all response all week on topics on the actual subject of,
duh, photography.

This thread relates to Eric, a long time subscriber to this NG having a problem with Photoshop. If you hadn’t been paying attention you should be aware that Photoshop is an editing tool that most serious photographers, pro & amateur use as a fundamental part of their photography workflow.

As for photography, from time to time some of us actually post images, and sometimes we might get a comment or two.

*yawn* So what? I've said what I wanted to say and am sold on not
appeals to history and appeals to authority and general willy waving.
Any berk can obsess boys toys and there's eff all discussion about art
and photography which interests me more although, apparantly, none of
you lot. Maybe cuz you're **** at it.

Myself I can but don't use Photoshop. It's standard practice in my
industry not to alter photos apart from cropping.

This photograph has been cropped.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyn4s5sjkm...99-br.jpg?dl=0
Does it meet your standards?

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 15:44:08 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

[...]

That is your particular bias, and obsession, you need to recognize that.

Myself I can but don't use Photoshop. It's standard practice in my
industry not to alter photos apart from cropping.

Who is talking about altering photographs with photoshop, or any other good editing software?

If you intend to continue of your path of developing you photography skills, and style, you need to recognize the value of good editing/processing software.

Good editing software, regardless of what it might be, or one’s OS of choice does provide a multitude of tools to provide the artist/photographer the means to express their particular vision. Ignoring, or discounting it is a mistake.

Here are two photos from my past for you to chew on:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HQ6mvFt/0/b1fff2c9/O/i-HQ6mvFt.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2CLFZ79/0/ceab9158/O/i-2CLFZ79.jpg

I don't think that those are at all what she is aiming for.

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 18, 2021, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

That tree is not wearing black stockings and stilettos, so other than having been cropped it misses her minimum standard.

I think we covered most of the other issues to be found in that image when you first posted it years ago. ;-)

Savageduck

Old January 18th 21, 12:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Agreed! Neither of them was shot wearing stiletto heels.

Savageduck

Old January 18th 21, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

wrote:

[...]

A community is what it is, and a Ne'er-do-well (particularly a newcomer) lacks the
credibility to try to demand that they dramatically change to accommodate their
whims: everyone has a Delete key on their keyboard, so when a topic isn't to
their liking, stop whining and just pass it by.

Any berk can obsess boys toys and there's eff all discussion about art
and photography which interests me more although, apparantly, none of
you lot. Maybe cuz you're **** at it.

Perhaps I'm a bit biased, coming from an 'Art Education' heritage, but what
'Melanie' shared just isn't art. Its not even a decent tribute copy.

Myself I can but don't use Photoshop. It's standard practice in my
industry not to alter photos apart from cropping.

This photograph has been cropped.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyn4s5sjkm...99-br.jpg?dl=0
Does it meet your standards?

That tree is not wearing black stockings and stilettos, so other than having been
cropped it misses her minimum standard.

Perhaps this art is more in line with their perspective...

https://www.trollbridge.film

-hh