FS: Tamron 24-70mm Zoom for Canon EOS (+ original box/etc.)

Old September 18th 03, 02:01 AM
Lewis Lang

Default FS: Tamron 24-70mm Zoom for Canon EOS (+ original box/etc.)

I am (reluctantly) selling this quite nice lens as I am now into Maxxum gear...
Its large zoom range and 24mm wide angle widest focal length (really good for
when you are in tight spaces or just need the more spacious feeling of a 24mm
focal length as opposed to a "more cramped" 28mm focal length) and relatively
compact size/light weight make this lens an excellent lens to have on the
camera at all times for street shooting, events, parties, etc. and a wide range
of situations where you need the flexibility of a zoom. It has very minimal
distortion (excellent for a zoom - I am quite a stickler for these things,
especially at the wide angle end of it as I don't like my straight lines
bending like on other zzoms (not this one) ;-)). And it focuses to a quite
close .4 meters (1.3 feet). Its 62mm filer size wont break the bank either the
way some larger lenses might.

Included a

Tamron 24-70mm f/3.3-5.6 Aspherical Adaptall lens for Canon AF (EOS) mount
(Serial # 415925)
Tamron Box (original box it came in)
Tamron Front and back caps
Tamron Bayonette Lens hood

I would rate the condition of the lens itself as an Exc + condition (at the
very least). Really nice and clean looking. Only the edge of the very edge of
the lens hood has some minor nicks in it but nothing on the lens itself (I am
being extra anal here about the hood because I like to be as honest/informative
as humanly possible about the condition of the equipment I am trying to sell).
The camera salesman I showed this lens to at a photo store commented, when I
asked him for a second opinion on how he would rate the condition of this lens
itself (sans hood, most likely) I was going to sell, that the lens itself
looked _"barely used"_ (his words, not mine). Optically this lens is capable
(my opinion) of excellent 8x10" prints and decent 16x20" prints when the lens
is stopped down.

In stores, brand new, this lens goes for between $159 USD (Adorama) and $189
USD (Camera Traders Ltd.) so I think that the price I am asking is a good deal,
especially for the nice condition this lens is in.

$100

+

$8 Shipping/handling/insurance

Will ship w/i Continental U.S. only. Money order preferred but check or money
order OK.

Please feel free to contact me at this email address (remove "nospam") should
you have any questions about the lens.

Thanks.

Regards,

Lewis

Check out my photos at "LEWISVISION":

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn/home.htm

Remove "nospam" to reply
Old September 18th 03, 02:12 AM

Last time I used to check these newsgroups (which was a while ago)
there was a gentleman who was selling really old oddball lenses...

ca 1900 stuff.. fit no know camera, really reasonable...

want to build a giant box cam.... dont want to screw around with
surplus catalogs because the focal length of most surp stuff is less
then 10" on %99.9 of the stuff (mostly old photocopier crud)

any tips ???