Mail order Slide film processing -- where?

Old August 14th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
warren montgomery

Default Mail order Slide film processing -- where?

As we reach the twilight of the film era I still find myself preferring the
rich warm details of Velvia and other high colour high detail films for many
natural subjects. Getting the stuff processed, though, seems to be getting
harder. For years I've used the mailers sold by B&H (and probably others)
for Fuji and Kodak processing with generally good results. This year though
service has been spotty (one of my wife's rolls showed up 2 months after
being sent in to the Kodak processor and we are both still missing rolls
sent a month ago.) I don't know of anyone who does it locally (I live in
rural Illinois far enough west of Chicago that it's not easy to take the
stuff to a chicago area processor even if there is one) so I'm looking for
better alternatives that can be done through the mails.

--
Warren Montgomery )
http://home.att.net/~wamontgomery

Old August 14th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Cisco Kid

warren montgomery wrote:

I don't know of anyone who does it locally (I live in
rural Illinois far enough west of Chicago that it's not easy to take the
stuff to a chicago area processor even if there is one)

First off, I'm sure there is a high quality slide processing biz in
Chicago - I'm sure there are pros in Chicago who shoot slide. You need
to contact Chicago pros somhow.

So - just find a relable pro place in Chicago and mail to them.

Jim