Photoshop 7 Question

Old July 20th 04, 08:39 PM
S Ramirez

Default Photoshop 7 Question

Is it possible to do the following with Photoshop 7:

1. Call in JPEG image file 1
2. Select a color such as black in image 1
3. Call in JPEG image file 2 in another window.
4. Merge the two together such that image 1 is in front of image 2
except for the area that was selected in image 1?

I just built a homebuilt airplane and it's sitting in my garage. I took it
out on the driveway yesterday and took of it from various angles. I then
colored the areas outside of the airplane black, and now I want to
superimpose only the airplane area onto a 2nd image that is just clouds and
blue sky. This will let me see what the airplane looks like in the air with
clouds and blue sky behind it. The images were taken with a Nikon D70 if
anyone wants to know.

I can do all the dirty work if someone can just describe a flowchart of
which tools to use in the proper order.

Thanks so much.

Simon

Old July 20th 04, 09:14 PM
Gene Palmiter

Take the photo of the plane....select color on the black that you have
colored in...hit Q for quick mask....brush and erase until you get a mask of
the plane....reverse the mask and copy....now paste to the sky photo.....
fine tune.

"S Ramirez" wrote in
message om...