Best Online Photo Printing Site?

Old July 18th 04, 12:51 PM
Michael Meissner

Default Best Online Photo Printing Site?

"Gene Palmiter" writes:

My general photography site is www.dotphoto.com but, while their print
quality is fine....I like them because my customers can order prints and I
get some of the money. I don't know how they do with larger prints. The best
large prints (posters) I have had made came from www.bignose.com but they
have been taken over by someone else...someone in my state so there is now
taxes involved.

I on the other hand hated the prints that I got back from dotphoto. Colors
were too reddish compared to what I get with the same print with other
printers.

--
Michael Meissner
email:

Old July 19th 04, 04:11 AM
Brad

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...
"Gene Palmiter" writes:

My general photography site is www.dotphoto.com but, while their print
quality is fine....I like them because my customers can order prints and I
get some of the money. I don't know how they do with larger prints. The best
large prints (posters) I have had made came from www.bignose.com but they
have been taken over by someone else...someone in my state so there is now
taxes involved.

I on the other hand hated the prints that I got back from dotphoto. Colors
were too reddish compared to what I get with the same print with other
printers.

When did you try them? They changed printers about three or four months
ago.
Old July 19th 04, 04:11 AM
Brad

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...

Old July 19th 04, 02:08 PM
Michael Meissner

Brad writes:

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...
"Gene Palmiter" writes:

My general photography site is www.dotphoto.com but, while their print
quality is fine....I like them because my customers can order prints and I
get some of the money. I don't know how they do with larger prints. The best
large prints (posters) I have had made came from www.bignose.com but they
have been taken over by someone else...someone in my state so there is now
taxes involved.

I on the other hand hated the prints that I got back from dotphoto. Colors
were too reddish compared to what I get with the same print with other
printers.

When did you try them? They changed printers about three or four months
ago.

Longer than that, so maybe its time to give them another try, but their prices
aren't that great unless you commit yourself to their monthly plans, and it
looks like they only do up to 11x14 prints. I must admit to having a Fuji
process bias, the only place I have tried that uses Kodak paper/processing in
the last 30 years has been mpix.com.

--
Michael Meissner
email:
Old July 19th 04, 02:08 PM
Michael Meissner

Brad writes:

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...

Old July 19th 04, 04:06 PM
Brad

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...
Brad writes:

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...
"Gene Palmiter" writes:

[...]

They print a number of large poster sizes. It's just not part of the
regular shopping cart.
Old July 19th 04, 04:06 PM
Brad

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...
Brad writes:

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...

Old July 19th 04, 10:52 PM

Best in the UK is PhotoBox.
And i don't work for them either.
Just great quality and very fast turn around.

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:06:03 -0400, Brad wrote:

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...
Brad writes:

In article , mrmnews@the-
meissners.org said...

Old July 20th 04, 02:21 PM
Michael Meissner

Michael Meissner writes:

Longer than that, so maybe its time to give them another try, but their
prices aren't that great unless you commit yourself to their monthly plans,
and it looks like they only do up to 11x14 prints. I must admit to having a
Fuji process bias, the only place I have tried that uses Kodak
paper/processing in the last 30 years has been mpix.com.

I need to proofread more. The last sentence should read:

I must admit to having a Fuji process bias, the only place I have tried
that I like and uses Kodak paper/processing in the last 30 years has
been mpix.com.

--
Michael Meissner
email: