CANON 300D ?

Old July 17th 04, 06:59 PM
Bart van der Wolf

Default CANON 300D ?

"George Preddy" wrote in message
om...
SNIP
Plus as many have already alluded to, the low dynamic range 10D/300D
absolutely will blow highlights in a well lit setting,...

SNIP

You are mistaking your lack of capabilities with a 10D, with what
others can achieve with it.

Bart

Old July 17th 04, 08:59 PM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
"Your-nice" wrote:

just got one and hope to do some studio portraits, should i set the
parameters to number 2 as 1 seems too saturated and is there anything else
that needs setting to give better shots.
thanks
Rob.

You'll probably want to use RAW mode. In RAW mode, the camera's
settings are merely suggestions for processing on the sensor's data on
your computer. They don't actually alter the sensor's data.

If shooting in JPEG is important, use a custom setting that results in
the least amount of post-processing. You can create multiple profiles
for different shooting conditions.

Old July 17th 04, 11:53 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Bernhard
Mayer wrote:

Maybe you should reconsider your attitude. Arrogance does not replace
competence.

George is retarded.
Old July 17th 04, 11:53 PM
Randall Ainsworth

Old July 18th 04, 01:30 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , George
Preddy wrote:

I'm talking Program mode. If you set -EV you can save highlights in
some cases, but noise levels in the bottom half of the histogram shoot
through the roof. The 10D is a very frustrating DSLR to use, Canon
CMOSs' extrememly low DR is just one of several major problems.

Yes, it's true. Retarded people sometimes buy this camera. People who
know what they're doing don't use the dummy modes.

It is extrememly slow. 3 to 5 seconds to wake up? 2 to 3 seconds to
playback a different to another image? 2 seconds to show a single
channel full image only histogram? No startup or playback function
should consume any noticable time at all, ever. 50 secs to buffer its
small 6MP RAW images before you can shoot again? The electronic side
of the 10D is much more closely related to a P&S than a DSLR, in fact
all decent P&Ss are much faster.

Mine only takes about a second to wake up, maybe a second and a half to
display an image (rarely use this feature) and I could care less about
histograms. 50 seconds? C'mon George...tell the truth for a change.

The 10Ds AF system is universally criticized as impossible by Canon
users. My extensive experience with the 10D confirms this fatal
problem. I'd estimate that 95% of the time the actual focus point is
in the neghborhood of 5% of the distance from the front element in
front of or behind the selected focal point.

Mine is tack sharp 100% of the time and I don't even have "L" lenses,
but again, sometimes retarded people do buy this camera.

And talk about terrible ergonomics, the 10D's one dial etch-a-sketch
design is almost enough in itself to fling the camera in the nearest
dumpster. Did you think it was hard making a circle on an
etch-a-sketch as a kid? Try it with only one dial and a shift key to
change functionality over to the missing one--that's the 10D's primary
control method! I guess the SD9's 4-way navigation rocker switch was
way too expensive for Canon to incorporate.

I wouldn't want a rocker switch. What do you have to tinker with
anyway? I use the big dial to change F/stops...that's it.

Overall, I give the 10D about a 3/10 rating. It is a poor DSLR on
many levels. In fairness, it does a few things well and image quality
is average.

But then, you're a slave to your kiddie Sigma. The only place I'd mark
down the 10D is lack of support for WA cards. Other than that, it's a
very well designed machine that produces outstanding results.
Old July 18th 04, 06:06 PM
Crownfield

Randall Ainsworth wrote:

In article , George
Preddy wrote:

It is extrememly slow.
2 seconds to show a single channel full image only histogram?

preddiot has us here.

the only reason that foveon can show a "full image histogram",
is that the foveon image
is no larger than the lcd display on the camera.

those of us with 5,6,8,11,12,14, or better imagers
can not fit the image onto a tiny lcd.
only the tiny foveon can do it.
Old July 18th 04, 06:06 PM
Crownfield

Randall Ainsworth wrote:

It is extrememly slow.

Old July 18th 04, 08:57 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Your-nice
wrote:

thanks for advice but my photography is for fun not to rip anybody off, i
hope the fact that i Give my shots away for free does not upset you to much
its a hobby to me not for making cash .

So you charge what they're worth?