[PICS] Gauge station on the Eno River

Old March 13th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
JimKramer

Default Gauge station on the Eno River

On Mar 12, 11:20*pm, Pudentame wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

No data since 2007-06-04.

Did they discontinue monitoring or did the water level drop below the
bottom of the gage?

Pull down menu will look at the other info. Typically and
unfortunately these are grant funded and when the money runs out the
sampling stops...
Old March 13th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
JimKramer

JimKramer wrote:
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.
Thanks for looking,
Jim
No data since 2007-06-04.

Did they discontinue monitoring or did the water level drop below the
bottom of the gage?

Pull down menu will look at the other info. *Typically and
unfortunately these are grant funded and when the money runs out the
sampling stops...

Eno should have fairly stable long range funding what with the
association & the state park and all ... especially with all the water
woes (or lack-there-of woes?) downstream right now.

I think it was something from the way the link worked, because another
poster found data from this week.- Hide quoted text -

What makes you think any of those people want to fund water sampling
studies to show how badly contaminated the Eno is with farm runoff?
As long as it is pretty that's fine, just don't get any of the water
on you...

The link was fine, there is a pull down menu to select what info you
want to see.
Old March 13th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
JimKramer

JimKramer wrote:
[...]

The Eno Association is pretty much the reason for the parks in the first
place; and they're ...

Dedicated to conserving and protecting the nature, culture,
and history of the Eno River basin since 1966.

http://www.enoriver.org/eno/about/conserve.html

Can't do that without monitoring the River.

And since the Eno feeds into Falls Lake and the state Capitol's water
supply, they're kind of interested in what's going on in the river too,
if for no other reason than to figure out what they're going to have to
do to make the water fit to drink.

I didn't say there was a problem with the link;

"something with the way the link worked"

* - as it turns out, clicking on the map at number 26 takes you to the
water quality page, rather than to the stream flow page. As far as I can
tell, the water quality page only offers data through 2007-6-4. There
may be later water quality data, but I didn't see how to get to it.- Hide quoted text -

It sounds nice but the only conservation efforts I had seen from the
Eno River Association is to purchase land along the river proper so
that the parks can be one great big park. I don't see them sponsoring
no-till, bio-controls, GPS fertilizer placement or the use of pumped
retention ponds instead of direct drain tiling for the farming
community.

If we could just turn the world in to one big park, then everything
would be wonderful is a poor long term solution.

Old March 16th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Zilla[_2_]

Default [PICS] Gauge station on the Eno River

That's cool, especially since I'm from the same area, and have been to
that scene/place.

Old March 16th 08, 10:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
The One[_3_]

"JimKramer" wrote in message
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

Homepage pic was enough for me to turn off.

Old March 17th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Draco

On Mar 12, 9:50*pm, JimKramer wrote:
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

Wow, nicely done Jim. Glad to see that you are still shooting.

Keep it going.

Draco