ACDSee PRO 3

Old December 31st 09, 10:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ppp[_2_]

Default ACDSee PRO 3

I have this problem with ACDSee Pro 3:

I cannot use "PROCESS" nor "EDIT" although I can see all my pictures stored
in the database and I can print the pictures regurarly.

I have followed all the instructions found on the customer support to
eliminate such problem........... but with no results.

I have windows xp.

I am waiting an answer from ACDSee but I would like to Know if some of you
have encounterd such problem and if you have settled it.

Thanks and have a Happy 2010

Old January 9th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

:
: I cannot use "PROCESS" nor "EDIT" although I can see all my pictures stored
: in the database and I can print the pictures regurarly.
:
: I have followed all the instructions found on the customer support to
: eliminate such problem........... but with no results.
:
: I have windows xp.
:
: I am waiting an answer from ACDSee but I would like to Know if some of you
: have encounterd such problem and if you have settled it.
:
: Thanks and have a Happy 2010

I'd have to guess it's a file or share permission issue, and those can be
subtle in XP. The clue here is that viewing and printing probably don't
require you to have the file open for writing. So first make sure that no
other program has the picture file(s) open. The usual behavior of XP
applications is that the first program to open a file gets to write it; those
that open it subsequently see it as read-only. If that doesn't turn out to be
the problem, note that if you're using a share name to gain access to the
file, both the file permissions and the share permissions must allow writing.

Bob

ACDSee 3.1 Ray White[_2_] Digital Photography 12 July 13th 07 08:43 AM
ACDSee Pro ppp Digital Photography 5 December 12th 06 11:18 PM
ACDSee 8/9 or Pro stevo Digital Photography 7 September 15th 06 04:26 PM
Problem with ACDSee 7. Edited pic jumps to the end of the thumbnailsin ACDSee after exiting Photoshop.. paul Digital Photography 0 March 7th 05 09:08 PM
ACDSee 7 SimonG Ltd. Digital Photography 3 October 2nd 04 07:28 AM