How to Intentionally Break a Digital Camera While Making it Look Like Normal Wear and Tear?

Old April 24th 05, 11:38 PM
Joebob

Default How to Intentionally Break a Digital Camera While Making it Look Like Normal Wear and Tear?

I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.
I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an extended
warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
etc)?

Old April 25th 05, 12:02 AM
Stacey

Joebob wrote:

I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on
purpose (hammer marks, etc)?

Hook the AV socket on the camera to an A/C wall outlet? That should toast
it..
--

Stacey
Old April 25th 05, 12:19 AM
Darrell

"Joebob" wrote in message
I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose
(hammer marks, etc)?

I don't know if any extended warranty plans will simply replace the camera.
Most like Mack will actually open the camera up to determine the problem, if
they detect intententional damage the warrantyill be voided.

Old April 25th 05, 01:28 AM
Ron Hunter

Joebob wrote:
I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.
I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an extended
warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
etc)?

May I suggest you not announce your intend to commit fraud on the
internet. Do you know that others end up paying more for their products
and services because of people like you who are so self-centered that
they don't know ethics from ethnics.
You might try bending over and inserting it where the sun doesn't shine.
Maybe that will work.

--
Ron Hunter
Old April 25th 05, 03:50 AM
Marc Stanton

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Joebob wrote:
I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on
purpose (hammer marks, etc)?

May I suggest you not announce your intend to commit fraud on the
internet. Do you know that others end up paying more for their products
and services because of people like you who are so self-centered that they
don't know ethics from ethnics.

Get real ...... This guy is a hoaxter and is just yanking yer chain..

You might try bending over and inserting it where the sun doesn't shine.
Maybe that will work.

No ............It'll just get browned off!

MS

Old April 25th 05, 04:09 AM
Bert Hyman

In "Marc Stanton"
wrote:

Get real ...... This guy is a hoaxter and is just yanking yer chain..

There is nothing so stupid that somebody won't say it on USENET in
earnest.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old April 25th 05, 04:19 AM
MarkČ

"Joebob" wrote in message
I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose
(hammer marks, etc)?

You are a shameless boob.

Perhaps your screen name should be joeboob...

Announcing to the world that you intend to commit fraud is right up there
with all those "world's dumbest criminal" stories we all read about.

As Yoda would say:

"May the police force be with you..."

Old April 25th 05, 04:21 AM
ASAAR

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:38:05 GMT, Joebob wrote:

I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.
I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an extended
warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
etc)?

Immerse the camera in a gallon of sweetened iced tea for 24 hours.
Remove, rinse briefly and place in a slow oven for 2 hours or until
thoroughly dry internally. The rubes will never suspect a thing
unless you say something stupid. But if that happens, admit
nothing. Tell them that yomama did it.

Old April 25th 05, 06:11 AM
Tony

Try sticking it up your butt for a day or two - but take your hockey stick
out first.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old April 25th 05, 06:11 AM
Ron Hunter

Marc Stanton wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Joebob wrote:

I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on
purpose (hammer marks, etc)?

May I suggest you not announce your intend to commit fraud on the
internet. Do you know that others end up paying more for their products
and services because of people like you who are so self-centered that they
don't know ethics from ethnics.

Get real ...... This guy is a hoaxter and is just yanking yer chain..

You might try bending over and inserting it where the sun doesn't shine.
Maybe that will work.

No ............It'll just get browned off!

MS

I wish he were, but suspect he is typical of the 'ME' generation.

--
Ron Hunter