What's your digital camera history?

Old June 25th 04, 03:00 PM
Rick

Default What's your digital camera history?

"Doug Warner" wrote in message

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

Kodak DC215
Sony F707
Canon Digital Rebel

Old June 25th 04, 03:55 PM
John McWilliams

Doug Warner wrote:

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

CA. 1999: Almost worthless 480x640 Creative labs dohickey supposedly
doubling as web cam and standalone camera- never could get good drivers
for it, but did get images onto computer on Mac OS9.

2003 Canon g3. 4 MP.
2004 300 D, 6.3 MP.

--
John McWilliams

Old June 25th 04, 04:21 PM
Phil Wheeler

Rick wrote:
"Doug Warner" wrote in message ...

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)
-----------------------------

Canon A40
Fuji S602Z
Canon G3
Sony F-717
Canon G5
Canon 10D
Canon S1 IS

The S1 IS after the 10D is a surprise. How do you like the latter?

Phil

Old June 25th 04, 04:34 PM
Jeff Durham

Kodak DC240 (1999)
Canon Rebel 300D (2004)

Jeff

"Doug Warner" wrote in message

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Old June 25th 04, 04:47 PM
Phil Wheeler

John McWilliams wrote:

Doug Warner wrote:

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it) Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

CA. 1999: Almost worthless 480x640 Creative labs dohickey supposedly
doubling as web cam and standalone camera- never could get good drivers
for it, but did get images onto computer on Mac OS9.

That reminds me: I had forgotten about my first digicam. It was a
floppy drive Sony Mavica (first one with 10x zoom and supposedly 640x480
but really 320x480 due to interlace). Talk about jaggies!

Phil

Old June 25th 04, 07:59 PM
George

Olympus C-2020Z (good images, crappy for anything but still life)
Olympus C-4000 (ditto)
Nikon D70 (first one that I've pretty much liked, except for non-metering
with my MF lenses and 1.5X multiplication factor)

Still have all of them. Kept the Olympus cameras because they are fine for
eBay pictures and convenient to carry.

Old June 25th 04, 10:02 PM
Rick

"Phil Wheeler" wrote in message ...
Rick wrote:
Canon A40
Fuji S602Z
Canon G3
Sony F-717
Canon G5
Canon 10D
Canon S1 IS

The S1 IS after the 10D is a surprise. How do you like the latter?

Its movie mode is the best we've found on any digital p&s.
Outside of that, quite a bit of purple fringing at 3MP. Bumping
it down to 2MP (1600x1200) eliminates it almost entirely.

Rick

Old June 25th 04, 10:17 PM
Phil Wheeler

Rick wrote:

Canon A40
Fuji S602Z
Canon G3
Sony F-717
Canon G5
Canon 10D
Canon S1 IS

The S1 IS after the 10D is a surprise. How do you like the latter?

Its movie mode is the best we've found on any digital p&s.
Outside of that, quite a bit of purple fringing at 3MP. Bumping
it down to 2MP (1600x1200) eliminates it almost entirely.

That would be a drag. I already have an Oly C-2100UZ with 10x Canon IS
lens that is permanently bumped down to 2 MP and it shows no fringing.

Phil

Old June 25th 04, 11:42 PM
Brian C. Baird

In article , dwarner22
@ccharter.net says...

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

Nikon Coolpix 850(?) - borrowed
Canon G3 - borrowed
Canon EOS 10D
Old June 26th 04, 05:25 AM
jean

Mitsubishi DJ1000 (320 x 240 and "enhanced" 504 x 378)
Kodak DC-240 (1280 x 960)
Kodak DC210 bought used a s a second camera (1024 x 768)
Nikon Coolpix 995 (2048 x 1536) was stolen by a %$& burglar
Nikon Coolpix 800 bought used as a second camera (1600 x 1200)
Nikon Coolpix 4500 (2272 x 1704) replacement for the 995
* Canon 300D Digital Rebel (3072 x 2048)
* Canon Powershot S400 as a second camera (2272 x 1704)

*current

I managed to sell all the accessories I had for my Coolpix cameras (flash
bracket, flash, slide copier, wide and telephoto teleconverters) and I
managed to sell all my old cameras, sometimes at substantial loss but I feel
I had enough enjoyment out of all of them, truly had my money's worth.

So far, the Canons look like keepers. The lenses I have too (well, except a
certain Sigma but that is a mistake I will not make again).

Jean