What's your digital camera history?

Old June 25th 04, 07:37 AM
Bob

Default What's your digital camera history?

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:18:05 -0400, Doug Warner wrote:

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

I'll start with film cameras since I used to scan the pics into a computer -
I'll include that too!

Film cam:

1959 - black wooden box ? that took pictures (at age 8!)
1965 - no-name 35mm view finder cam
1972 - Mamiya Sekor 35mm SLR
198? - Minolta F9 SLR

1984 - set up B/W darkroom in basement

1987 - Amiga computer using a Sony video cam and DCTV as a scanner.

198? - made equipment to process Ektachrome slides.

1994 - 486 PC with UMAX 14" transparancy scanner

2000 - abandoned darkroom.

2002 - Canon scanner with 35mm slide attachment.

Digital cam:

2000 - Olympus D460
2000 - Kodak DC280
2002 - Minolta Dimage 7i
2004 - Nikon D70

2003 - 2.4Ghz Pentium 4

next?

Old June 25th 04, 08:34 AM
Rick

"Doug Warner" wrote in message ...

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)
-----------------------------

Canon A40
Fuji S602Z
Canon G3
Sony F-717
Canon G5
Canon 10D
Canon S1 IS

Rick

Old June 25th 04, 08:44 AM

x-no-archive:yes

Oldest to newest:

Leaf Lumina
Kodak DCS 460
Olympus E10
Olympus E20 (still have)
Kodak DCS 760 (still have)

plus scanners:
HP PhotoSmart
Nikon LS20
Polariod SprintScan 4000 (still have)
Old June 25th 04, 08:44 AM
Fred at home

Kodak DC280
Canon Powershot Pro90IS
Canon EOS 300D

After years of using Minolta, Nikon and Canon SLRs I'm finally happy.

"Doug Warner" wrote in message

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Old June 25th 04, 09:47 AM
Ron Hunter

BenOne© wrote:

Doug Warner wrote:

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it) Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Kodak DC3800 2000
Kodak DX6490 2003

Kodak DX3600 2001
Kodak DX6440 2004

I wish the DX7440 had come out earlier....
Old June 25th 04, 10:22 AM
Richard Cockburn

Doug Warner wrote in
:

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

I went from a Canon film Rebel to a Canon EOS 10D. My lens collection is
complete for my current needs, so I'd say that I'm also "trapped". I've
been wanting to buy a second digital body. I almost bought a dRebel, but
now I'm waiting to see if the 8MP 10D Mark 2 rumor has any truth to it.
Hey, it's possible. There were many skeptics who never believed that
Minolta would announce a DSLR, and they were wrong.

I will be buying a Canon Powershot S1 IS for my wife sometime soon. There's
also the rumor of the S2 IS on the horizon, but she really needs a camera
now.

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old June 25th 04, 11:59 AM
Jimmy Smith

Sony DSC-S70 (2000) Still use as PnS. Love it.

Canon 10D (2004) Plan to get intimate with this system before considering
any future change.

Jimmy

Old June 25th 04, 01:35 PM
Leonard Lehew

wrote:

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Olympus C2500L (1999 or 2000 as I recall) - Not bad, but I still took
a lot of film pictures.
Fuji S2. Nikon lenses (2003) - Good enough that I have pretty much
abandoned film photography/
Nikon SB-800 flash
Pentax Optio S4 (2004) - Got this so I could carry a "pocket camera"
when I wasn't really planning to take pictures. Taking a camera bag is
OK if I'm planning to take pictures, but it's really handy to have
something small enough for a brief case or shirt pocket for
serendipitous shots.

Leonard

Old June 25th 04, 01:38 PM
Steve m...

Epson PhotoPC (early 1800's model) crappy 640x480 pictures
Olympus D450Z 1999
Digital Rebel 300D 2003

Steve m...

Old June 25th 04, 02:40 PM
Don Stauffer

Kodak PCD, hand scanner, Kodak DC-10, Oly 3000Z, flatbed print scanner.
Only last two left, use them both (kept film cameras).

Doug Warner wrote:

I'll start:

Fuji MX-700
Nikon Coolpix 950 (still have it)
Olympus E-10
Canon D60
Canon 10D (Got lens collection, trapped now :-)

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

webpage-
http://www.usfamily.net/web/stauffer