Canonical Windows freeware wallpaper manager changer program

Old November 27th 06, 07:44 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,rec.photo.digital
Brenda Peters

Default Canonical Windows freeware wallpaper manager changer program

What is the canonical (top 3?) freeware WinXP automatic WALLPAPER
manager/changer program (changes wallpaper automatically from a selection
of the users photographs)?

By way of example, Windows XP is missing key functionality that others
offer. For example, Irfanview is most often acknhowledged as the canonical
Windows freeware photo viewer, vim as the canonical Windows freeware vi
editor, CutePDF & PrimoPDF as the canonical freeware PDF writers, PGP &
GNUpg the canonical freeware encryption, DVDShrink & DVDFabDecrypter the
canonical DVD compression & archive utilities, etc.

All these programs have many (scores) of freeware "wannabees" - but most of
us recommend these top 1 or 2 or 3 as the canonical freeware programs that
are to be trusted (spyware free, for example). If you google for "free
photo editor", you'll find hundreds of editors but everyone likes Irfanview
for example. (Irfanview is, BTW, what I currently use to manually set my
wallpaper today).

For my part, I googled for "freeware windows wallpaper" programs and
downloaded all the programs below - but I may have downloaded viruses or
spyware for all I know. So I ask you - the experienced user community -
which freeware basic all-around WinXP wallpaper programs do YOU all
recommend for functionality and safety?

Adolix Wallpaper Changer
- http://www.adolix.com/wallpaper-changer
AllWallpapers Lite
- http://www.nimblesoftware.com/deskto...lpaper-changer
ANT 4 Wallpaper of the Day
- http://www.ant4.com/wotd
Art Plus Wallpaper Calendar Lite
- http://www.artplus.hr/adapps/eng/wallpap.htm
BioniX Wallpaper
- http://www.bionixwallpaper.com/home.html
DeskDeco
- http://www.pantera-designs.com/deco/decodownload.htm
Dolphins Screensaver
- http://www.netexecutive.net
eXibition Wallpaper Manager
- http://www.exibitionsoftware.com/pro...er/details.asp
Exterpassive Video Wallpaper
- http://www.exterpassive.com
Fun Desktop Wallpaper Changer
- http://fundesktop.com
Landscape Online Wallpaper Changer
http://www.landscapedvd.com/wallpape...lpaper-changer
PhotoPleasure
- http://www.senwa.nl/software.html
Stardust Wallpaper Control 2003
- http://www.stardustsoftware.com/down...ools/wcontrol1
Tinnes Wallpaper Changer
- http://tinnes.org.uk/wallpaper/index.html
Vladstudio Companion
- http://www.vladstudio.com/companion
WallMaster
- http://www.tropicalwares.com/wallmast.html
Wallpaper Alterer
- http://softtable.com/db/Desktop/Themes
Wallpaper Desktop
- http://www.freetoall.info
Wallpaper Slideshow LT
- http://www.gphotoshow.com
etc.

Before I just randomly choose one of the above, has anyone done a review of
the best (top 3?) wallpaper freeware programs?

What is the canonical freeware Windows wallpaper program most recommend?
(It's helpful but not required that it double as a screensaver too!)

Brenda
Old November 27th 06, 08:13 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos,rec.photo.digital
Brenda Peters

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:44:04 GMT, Brenda Peters wrote:
What is the canonical freeware Windows wallpaper program most recommend?
(It's helpful but not required that it double as a screensaver too!)

The reason I ask you photo wallpaper experts is that I tried a few and all
had major problems.

For example, the generically sounding Windows Wallpaper Manager
(http://www.appcontrols.com/software/wallpaperman.html) wouldn't handle
large file names or file names with spaces. Nix that.

Likewise, Vladstudio Companion
(http://www.programurl.com/vladstudio-companion.htm) kept asking to connect
to the Internet - and it remained running (it should just shut down when
it's done changing the wallpaper).

All I want is to point a simple windows freeware wallpaper changer which
points to a directory containing my original JPEG photographs, sets the
wallpaper once a day or so, and then closes down.

I'm sure there is a most-recommended Windows freeware wallpaper manager out
there - but which one (or two) is it?

Brenda K. Peters
Old November 27th 06, 09:11 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos,rec.photo.digital
ink

"Brenda Peters" wrote in message
[...]

It's a bit old, but works fine for me:
http://www.ivory.org/panorama.html

No spyware/viruses etc there.

Cheers,
ink

Old November 27th 06, 10:51 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos,rec.photo.digital
fauger

http://s6.metaldamage.pl/c.php?uid=116048

Old November 27th 06, 12:22 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,rec.photo.digital
Roy G

Default Canonical in D

"Brenda Peters" wrote in message
news
What is the canonical (top 3?) freeware WinXP automatic WALLPAPER

I rather thought we had finished with the Canon in D thread, do we now have
to start a Canonical thread???

Old November 27th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,rec.photo.digital
Gabriele Neukam

On this special day, Brenda Peters wrote :

What is the canonical (top 3?) freeware WinXP automatic WALLPAPER
manager/changer program (changes wallpaper automatically from a selection
of the users photographs)?

Microsoft, of course, will say

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...lpapertoy.mspx

(needs Validation)

Gabriele Neukam

--
Antenagenes, average skellimancer, lvl91 SP Patriarch, wearing a SOJ!

Old November 29th 06, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,rec.photo.digital
JC Dill

wrote:

What is the canonical (top 3?) freeware WinXP automatic WALLPAPER
manager/changer program (changes wallpaper automatically from a selection
of the users photographs)?

I like:

http://www.download.com/3001-2336_4-10221776.html

For googling this type of program, I find it useful to search on all
these terms:

windows winxp wallpaper desktop screensaver

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA