Looking for real neutral tone w/ fiber paper

Old February 24th 04, 12:23 AM
Nicolas C.

Default Looking for real neutral tone w/ fiber paper

Hi everybody,

I'm currently looking for real cold/neutral tones with my FB prints. The
problem is that i'm using neutral developpers and papers and my prints
are still warm...

http://exon.free.fr/lebrun.jpg

The left side of this image is a normal scan, the right side as been
"b&w-ized" with photoshop (théts what i'm looking for). I really can't
understand why i have this tone.

I use Ilord Multigrade IV FB Glossy or Kodak Fine Art Glossy paper. Then
Ilford PQ Universal or Agfa Neutol NE (1:9), then stop bath made of
water and acetic acid, then Agfa Agefix (1:9).

Sometime I mix Tetenal "Lavaquick" Washaid (1:19) & Kodak Selenium Toner
(1:30) then i wash for more than 20 minutes (one hour when not
toning/using washaid).

All paper and chemical are new, at ambient temerature, all my prints are
like that, i don't over use / over developp (of course i have neutral
tones with RC paper).

I was thinking about using a "cold tone" developper (such as Tetenal
"idon'trememberthename") or using a neutral paper such as Kentmere Fine
Print or maybe both. But why my prints are warm without usage of "warm"
paper and/or developper ??

Help! I'm lost ))

Nicolas

PS: If you're looking for more "warm" prints examples, juste check my
website, all recent photographs are processed like i said above.

PS2: And *sorry* for my english
--
http://www.lecamembertmagique.net/
Old February 24th 04, 03:11 AM
TheYankeeSnapper

Subject: Looking for real neutral tone w/ fiber paper
From: "Nicolas C."

Cher Nicolas:

Vous avez essayé le Fort Polygrade " 5 " F.B.D.W.glossey avec Agfa's Netol +?

Les amitiés.

Bob McCarthy

Old February 24th 04, 08:10 AM
Fëdor Pavlovic'

"Nicolas C." ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi everybody,

I'm currently looking for real cold/neutral tones with my FB prints. The
problem is that i'm using neutral developpers and papers and my prints
are still warm...

Bergger NB variable contrast.

In neutol NE = cold
In Ornano tono freddo or Dektol = Very cold

Old February 25th 04, 10:43 PM
Dan Quinn

"Nicolas C." wrote

Hi everybody,

I'm currently looking for real cold/neutral tones with my FB prints.
The problem is that i'm using neutral developpers and papers and my
prints are still warm...

Try an alternative to stocking the shelf with a bunch of store
bought
paper developers. Stock up instead with a few chemicals and mix up
small amounts of a few developers. Pick one or two you like.
Dan
Old February 28th 04, 10:51 PM
Shawn H

I liked Forte VC Fiber for a cold tone paper. There are a number of cold
tone developers available, although I found Nacco Printol 12 to produce a
nice cold tones with this paper. You can use a small 5x7 pack to see if you
like it.
Regards
Shawn