Yashica Lenses on a Contax?

Old January 5th 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
it's Hadrian

Default Yashica Lenses on a Contax?

Hello,
Contax works fine with Zeiss lenses and those lenses can also be fit
on a Yashica. I wonder how about Yashica lenses on a Contax (let's
take the Aria for example).
Best regards,
it's Hadrian

Old January 6th 09, 08:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Hanz

Hi Hadrian,
Contax works fine with Zeiss lenses and those lenses can also be fit
on a Yashica. I wonder how about Yashica lenses on a Contax (let's
take the Aria for example).

Yashica lenses with a C/Y (Contax/Yashica) mount should indeed work on a
Contax body. Never tried it though.
-- Hanz
Old January 6th 09, 11:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
it's Hadrian

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:36:46 +0100, Hanz wrote:

Hi Hadrian,
Contax works fine with Zeiss lenses and those lenses can also be fit
on a Yashica. I wonder how about Yashica lenses on a Contax (let's
take the Aria for example).

Yashica lenses with a C/Y (Contax/Yashica) mount should indeed work on a
Contax body. Never tried it though.
-- Hanz

Thanks Hanz, same here never tried it :-)

it's Hadrian

Old January 6th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott Schuckert

In article , Hanz
wrote:

Yashica lenses with a C/Y (Contax/Yashica) mount should indeed work on a
Contax body. Never tried it though.
-- Hanz

Back when I was selling these models, we sold Yashica lenses to Contax
customers all the time. No problems, except that we made fun of them
after they left the store.
Old January 10th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
---------------

"Scott Schuckert" wrote in message
In article , Hanz
wrote:

Yashica lenses with a C/Y (Contax/Yashica) mount should indeed work on a
Contax body. Never tried it though.
-- Hanz

Back when I was selling these models, we sold Yashica lenses to Contax
customers all the time. No problems, except that we made fun of them
after they left the store.

Why would you so that? Just shows your ignorance. Some of the Yashica lenses
were excellent.