Some different Nikon News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 18th 12, 12:59 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

Default Some different Nikon News

On 2012-02-16 19:48 , Savageduck wrote:
I was noodling about on line and came across this regarding Nikon
repairs.
http://ifixit.org/1349/how-nikon-is-...camera-repair/

Regarding the web page above, there were a few ridiculous points, the
worse being:

QUOTE
If you depend on your camera for work, as Jarvie does, having to mail
your camera in to be fixed will cost you more than just the price of the
repair: lost business, shipping costs, and time lost waiting for the
Postal Service to shuttle the camera back and forth.
UNQUOTE

Really? Does the writer REALLY believe Jarvie has a single camera?

As to Nikon I believe the policy as stated is absolutely stupid - UNLESS
it also allows more shops to qualify as Nikon repair stations.

I know a few local press photogs who are stuck with paper owned Nikon
gear that they have to cycle through a Nikon approved service. The
service is very good (quality) but slow in time. No real issue - they
have plenty of spare bodies, lenses and flashes. For others it could be
a drag.

I see no mention of NPS, either.

--
Peter

Nikon non-news Me Digital SLR Cameras 14 July 10th 10 07:59 AM
NoComment News collects photos of actual news - call for pictures N 35mm Photo Equipment 0 July 6th 07 11:33 AM
NoComment News collects photos of actual news - no comment or media censorship N Digital Photography 0 July 5th 07 09:19 PM