Sony announces H7 and H9 cameras

Old March 7th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
J. B. Dalton

Default Sony announces H7 and H9 cameras

Stephen Henning wrote in
news

Then why did you say:
I would never want in camera post processing myself.

It is like about 90% of the features on the camera. They are there if
you want them but you never need them, you can ignore them. The
reason I buy a camera is because of the features I want, not because
it doesn't have the ones I don't want.

This camera (H9) answers 90% of any objections I have ever had about my
H5. I'm not going to buy one because of simple basic features it doesn't
have that I deem essential.

For example, it has no way to use an external (off camera) flash. No hot
shoe. No PC connector, much less TTL metering. I'm astonished that they
would make a $500 camera and leave off a simple $0.25 connector! This is
one where the entire marketing dept. should have been fired outright!

JB
Old March 7th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Mr.T

"Stephen Henning" wrote in message
news
"Stephen Henning" wrote:
With Sony you have the choice of doing it quickly in the camera or

doing
it in your computer if you use .raw. It doesn't work nearly as well
without raw.

Then "Mr.T" MrT@home wrote:
Of course, I hadn't even considered you might think otherwise.

Then why did you say:
I would never want in camera post processing myself.

Yep, that's me, happy to shoot RAW and post process in computer.
You get to make your own choices.

It is like about 90% of the features on the camera. They are there if
you want them but you never need them, you can ignore them. The reason
I buy a camera is because of the features I want, not because it doesn't
have the ones I don't want. Why would you mention a feature you don't
want. It doesn't affect anything. Some people do want it.

And where did I say otherwise?
However the OP (you? cant remember) seemed to think it was some big deal I
should be impressed by.

MrT.

Old March 8th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Stephen Henning

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote:

However the OP (you? cant remember) seemed to think it was some big deal I
should be impressed by.

The context was that digital speed led to color noise so the new Sony H7
& H9 would be worthless for their targeted market, sports photography.

The reply was that Sony addressed the problem by increasing the sensor
size and adding inbox noise reduction.

NO BIG DEAL. JUST A CONVERSATION.

I think they did an excellent job to make a product for their target
market. In fact, if I didn't have the DiMage Z5 I would be in the
market for these new cameras. The one drawback with the Z5 is color
noise at high-speed/low-light conditions. As you point out, it can be
filtered in post processing, but that is a pain sometimes when one has
lots of shots that need to be ready immediately. These new cameras give
that option.

Apparently you are not in their target market. NO BIG DEAL.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://rhodyman.net
Old March 9th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Mr.T

"Stephen Henning" wrote in message
news
Apparently you are not in their target market. NO BIG DEAL.

So true :-)

MrT.