New Canon TX-1 Looks Weird

Old February 25th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Mr.T

Default New Canon TX-1 Looks Weird

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Who said anything about playing the files in your camera?

You seem to be having trouble with the notion that there are players
that do not have any editing capability. Windows Media Player for
example. Winamp for another.

And why do you assume people with a computer are incapable of running
anything else, even a simple file conversion program that could come with
the camera?

Again, you're confusing the issue when you introduce editing. Player
not equal editor.

And a simple file conversion program is not equal to editor either. But I'm
not interested in debating semantics.

No, unless you want to record more than 4 GB of data and play it back
with any random player without having to first find the pieces and
rename them to the player's naming convention.

Which can all be done automatically if appropriate software is used to
download from the camera. Just as some camera's do now.

However in this case it appears that that is not being done so what is
"not uncommon" is irrelevant.

No it's not, ALL I said was it CAN be done. What manufacturers *choose* to
do is not something I spend my time worrying about.

MrT.

Old February 25th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Mr.T

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Audio recorders face the problem of dealing with files larger than 4
GB????? That's about 6 hours at CD quality.

But not when you are recording 24/96 (or even 24/192) pro formats. You also
need to split each track into separate files when recording multi-track.

MrT.

Old February 25th 07, 07:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr
J. Clarke

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:34:09 +1100, "Mr.T" MrT@home wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
.. .
Who said anything about playing the files in your camera?

You seem to be having trouble with the notion that there are players
that do not have any editing capability. Windows Media Player for
example. Winamp for another.

And why do you assume people with a computer are incapable of running
anything else, even a simple file conversion program that could come with
the camera?

Because I've dealt with more users than you have?

Again, you're confusing the issue when you introduce editing. Player
not equal editor.

And a simple file conversion program is not equal to editor either. But I'm
not interested in debating semantics.

Nor it is equal to a least common denominator player.

No, unless you want to record more than 4 GB of data and play it back
with any random player without having to first find the pieces and
rename them to the player's naming convention.

Which can all be done automatically if appropriate software is used to
download from the camera. Just as some camera's do now.

And how about if you are reading the card directly and not downloading
from the camera?

However in this case it appears that that is not being done so what is
"not uncommon" is irrelevant.

No it's not, ALL I said was it CAN be done. What manufacturers *choose* to
do is not something I spend my time worrying about.

Then why are you fussing about it?