Minolta Dimage z1

Old March 8th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Tim Dolan

Default Minolta Dimage z1

I think I had been posting on the wrong digital group and the Dimage is a
slr. Please advise.
Directions say to select accessory setting to use the wide angle converter.
But then all zoom capabilities are lost.
The camera appears to zoom, auto focus etc with the default settings.
Can quality pictures be taken with the wide angle left on the camera in the
default settings?
Thanks,
Tim fm CT

Old March 12th 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_2_]

Tim Dolan wrote:
"Tim Dolan" wrote in message
t...
I think I had been posting on the wrong digital group and the
Dimage is a slr. Please advise.
Directions say to select accessory setting to use the wide angle
converter. But then all zoom capabilities are lost.
The camera appears to zoom, auto focus etc with the default settings.
Can quality pictures be taken with the wide angle left on the camera
in the default settings?
Thanks,
Tim fm CT

Tim,

I can't answer for your camera, but on at least one Nikon camera, with the
telephoto extended fitted, pictures taken at less that full telephoto
showed vignetting. Hence the "telephoto accessory lens" menu setting.

With a wide-angle, I can't see vignetting as being an issue, but (a) the
image quality may be worse and (b) is there any possibility of physical
damage as the main lens extends or zooms? Stating the obvious, the
maximum zoom will be less!

Yes, this is the right group.

Cheers,
David

Old March 15th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Tim Dolan

Default PRETTY PLEASE Minolta Dimage z1 II

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message k...
Tim Dolan wrote:
"Tim Dolan" wrote in message
t...
[...]

Thanks David,
I've lost track of my posts.
I guess I'm in a cross over situation with the newsgroups. The Dimage z-1 is
a slr and I going to get a canon powershot s3.
I've been so dissatisfied with the focus ability of the
minolta. I checked on the firmware suggestion from the newsgroup and
minolta has no updates for it.
About the wide angle, there is no danger of the lens
hitting the wide-angle. There is plenty of room. Maybe I'll try a few test
shots on auto focus.
Thanks again,
Tim fm CT