Film camera question

Old May 24th 06, 04:06 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.art

Default Film camera question

If the stripe is uneven and outside the frame, Nick Lindan's
explanation is dead on target! Unfixed (not cleared by the fixer)

Old May 24th 06, 08:41 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.art

Since we're talking in school
I wonder about just the simple problem of
a bad fix job.

Collin
KC8TKA

Old May 25th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.art

On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:53:16 GMT, "Luis Ortega"
wrote:

I work in a school and see dozens of cameras in the darkroom so I can't do a
lot more than try to follow it up as it happens, but I am curious as to why
this is happening.
Thanks to all.

Sounds to me like shutter bounce in a camera with a vertically
traveling shutter such as an FE, FM2, F3 and many others.
Manufacturers such as Nikon switched to vertical travel in an effort
to increase the flash sync speed, top shutter speed and for other
reasons I'm sure.

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
www.legacy-photo,com
www.xs750.net
Old May 25th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.art

On Tue, 23 May 2006 22:59:26 GMT, "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:

If the effect is inside the frame its obviously happening
in the camera. Since it seems to happen on different edges
in various pictures its not likely the shutter. It _might_
be an internal reflection of some sort.

Interesting thought. Perhaps a shiny edge on the mirror holder ?

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
www.legacy-photo,com