Kodachrome Processing

Old August 18th 04, 12:27 AM
Steve Sloan

Default Kodachrome Processing

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I am a list newbie...

But, I just took six rolls of Kodachrome 25 to my local camera store, got a
funny look from them and was told it would take 10-14 days to get my film
back. There must be a better way!

Is it better to use PK36 mailers (are these still available) and where
should I mail my film if I do?

Any information on this subject would be appreciated. After my deep freezer
is emptied of Kodachrome I will likely switch to E6 or go digital. I have a
ton of unused K64 120 that I cannot use or get processed but I can't quite
bring myself to throw away.

Oh, I am in San Jose California in the USA.

Steve Sloan

Old August 19th 04, 07:14 AM
Ron Todd

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:27:24 -0700, Steve Sloan
wrote:

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I am a list newbie...

But, I just took six rolls of Kodachrome 25 to my local camera store, got a
funny look from them and was told it would take 10-14 days to get my film
back. There must be a better way!

Is it better to use PK36 mailers (are these still available) and where
should I mail my film if I do?

Any information on this subject would be appreciated. After my deep freezer
is emptied of Kodachrome I will likely switch to E6 or go digital. I have a
ton of unused K64 120 that I cannot use or get processed but I can't quite
bring myself to throw away.

Oh, I am in San Jose California in the USA.

Steve Sloan

Nope. A&I shut their K-14 processor down this year. Demand has dried
up and they are down to two processors in the States. There was a
story that they were going to shut down the Fairlawn processor and
contract all the remaining business to the independently owned machine
in Kansas. Don't know if it was real or just smoke.
Old August 19th 04, 04:14 PM
Stuart Droker

There are very few lab beside Kodak to process K-14. I have no idea where
to process 120 K-14

Old August 19th 04, 04:14 PM
Stuart Droker

Old August 19th 04, 05:02 PM
James Robinson

Ron Todd wrote:

There was a story that they were going to shut down the Fairlawn
processor and contract all the remaining business to the
independently owned machine in Kansas. Don't know if it was real
or just smoke.

It's real. Fair Lawn is supposed to shut down in about a week. K-14
will supposedly be forwarded to Dwayne's Photo in Kansas, which now does
all Kodachrome movie film.

Old August 19th 04, 05:08 PM
James Robinson

Stuart Droker wrote:

There are very few lab beside Kodak to process K-14. I have no idea where
to process 120 K-14

The last K-14 120 processing run was made in England in 2001. It cannot
be processed as color slide film now. Any 120 Kodachrome film still in
existence would have be have been manufactured prior to 1996, when
production was discontinued.