TLR with continuously variable shutter speed?

Old May 27th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default TLR with continuously variable shutter speed?

Does anyone know of a TLR with a continuously variable shutter speed? In
other words the shutter will produced speeds in between the standard ones
i.e. 1/60, 1/125, etc.?
Thanks,
Steve

Old May 28th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
darkroommike

A continuously variable aperture is easy why would you want
a variable shutter of this type--it would not be very
repeatable.
darkroommike

Old May 28th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
RolandRB

On 27 May, 15:19, wrote:
Does anyone know of a TLR with a continuously variable shutter speed? In
other words the shutter will produced speeds in between the standard ones
i.e. 1/60, 1/125, etc.?
Thanks,
Steve

I don't know of one. Why do you think you need one? Is it to get the
exposure right? In which case the aperture is most likely continuously
variable.

Old May 28th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Fredrik Sandstrom

"Neil Gould" writes:
Yes. I have a mid '50s Rolleiflex TLR that has continuously variable
shutter speeds and aperture.

I think my mid 50s Zenobiaflex is like that as well; at least the
lever moves smoothly all the way from 1 sec to 1/500 without any
clicks or such at the markings... I always set it at an exact
indicated speed however, so I'm not sure how it behaves in between
them... And don't want to try it right now as I have film in it.

--
Fredrik Sandström

Old May 28th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Toni Nikkanen

writes:

Does anyone know of a TLR with a continuously variable shutter speed? In
other words the shutter will produced speeds in between the standard ones
i.e. 1/60, 1/125, etc.?

Minolta Autocord is claimed to have a stepless shutter speed:

"Possibly you have noticed that the shutter dial on your camera lacks
click-stops. Minolta claims that this shutter can be set to *any*
speed, even in-between speeds; an unusual feature, although I do not
know how useful it is."

http://sds.com/mug/autocord_faq.html