Which digital camera to buy...

Old January 18th 05, 08:31 PM
Richard K Rabbat

Default Which digital camera to buy...

Hello everyone,

Ok I've narrowed it down to 3 models but would like some input from you
folks.

Which digital camera to buy?

1- Canon PowerShot A85 4MP, 3xOPT, 3.6xDG, 1.8Inch LCD, CF Card Digital
Camera = 242.95 at
www.newegg.com ,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...120-152&depa=7

2- Fuji FinePix E510 5.2MP, 3.2xOPT, 3.6xDG, 2.0"LCD, XD Card Digital Camera
= 239.95 at www.newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...122-040&depa=7

3- NIKON Coolpix 4200 4MP, 3xOPT, 4xDG, 1.5"LCD, SD Card Digital Camera =
258.95 at www.newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...113-119&depa=7

Thank you
Richard

Old January 18th 05, 09:31 PM
Jerk

Hello, Richard!
You wrote on Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:31:55 -0800:

RK Ok I've narrowed it down to 3 models but would like some input from you
RK folks.

RK Which digital camera to buy?

RK 1- Canon PowerShot A85 4MP, 3xOPT, 3.6xDG, 1.8Inch LCD, CF Card Digital
RK Camera = 242.95 at
RK www.newegg.com ,
RK http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=30-120-152&de
RK pa=7

RK 2- Fuji FinePix E510 5.2MP, 3.2xOPT, 3.6xDG, 2.0"LCD, XD Card Digital
RK Camera = 239.95 at www.newegg.com

RK http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=30-122-040&de
RK pa=7

RK 3- NIKON Coolpix 4200 4MP, 3xOPT, 4xDG, 1.5"LCD, SD Card Digital Camera
RK = 258.95 at www.newegg.com

RK http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=30-113-119&de
RK pa=7

Duhhhh.... Uhhh Eeehhrrrrmmmm....Dunno!
FZ20?

Jerk.

Old January 18th 05, 10:27 PM
Richard K Rabbat

Hi Jerk,

Thank you for your input. I just want some feedback on the three digital
cameras I listed as my choices. So the Panasonic FZ20 is not one of them
and is out of my price range.

Richard

RK = 258.95 at www.newegg.com

RK

= 239.95 at www.newegg.com

258.95 at www.newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...113-119&depa=7

Thank you
Richard

If you can stretch your budget, i would get the Canon A95, ive got this camera and its
fantastic, image quality is excellent.
Old January 22nd 05, 02:28 AM
bigriff

Richard K Rabbat wrote:
many links to nice cameras @new egg.c o m

Forgive the intrusion, but if interested I hope you purvue the TOS at
NewEgg.com before you pay cash and possibly get nothing.

Some Highlights:

All refunds entail a 15% restocking fee, even defective units.
Buyer pays all return postage.
A return does not effect their thirty day warranty. It will always
start from the date of the original shipment. If you get a bad one, you
have to choose to go with out their 30 day warranty (a return will take
more than this time period based on my experience) or take the for sure
15% plus shipping cost (both ways) guaranteed loss.
They don't seem to answer e-mails (try for your self).
They don't have much in the way of service, try calling before you buy.
Be ready to holdddddd.....

I had to return my purchase and it never arrived so I asked for a
refund. I have so far waited 10 times longer than I was told the wait
would be in writting. I have been promised expedited service twice, yet
have not seen a dime.

Just drive to a store and walk in, that way they can't hide/ ignore you
in hopes you give up and go away. NewEgg.com does not offer walk in
service, so go somewhere else.

Many people claim to have had great luck with newegg.com, but to me it
just isn't worth the risk after experiencing how bad it can get. Funny
though! Better than the keystone cops...

New Jingle= "Buy Something From NewEgg.com, Just For Laughs"

Don't be taken advantage of big low ball resellers. You have the cash,
so you have the upper hand. You shouldn't have to "kiss up" to a
business to get good service and quality. You should demand it, and go
somewhere else if they can't deliver. Plain and simple.

Old March 6th 05, 04:21 PM
Dr. Joel M. Hoffman

Forgive the intrusion, but if interested I hope you purvue the TOS at
NewEgg.com before you pay cash and possibly get nothing.

It's hard for me to imagine why anyone buys from anyone other than B&H
or Amazon. Amazon has the world's easiest website to navigate, along
with great customer service, and B&H is without doubt the leader in
photographic equipment. If you find a price below what B&H and Amazon
are offering, the odds are it's too good to be true....

-Joel

Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases: http://www.exc.com/photography
Old March 6th 05, 07:02 PM
Ron Krebs

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" wrote in message
Forgive the intrusion, but if interested I hope you purvue the TOS at
NewEgg.com before you pay cash and possibly get nothing.

It's hard for me to imagine why anyone buys from anyone other than B&H
or Amazon. Amazon has the world's easiest website to navigate, along
with great customer service, and B&H is without doubt the leader in
photographic equipment. If you find a price below what B&H and Amazon
are offering, the odds are it's too good to be true....

-Joel

Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases:

http://www.exc.com/photography

Hmm, Page Computer has better prices than B&H and Amazon on lenses.
Delivery is quick and items are factory sealed and new. For filters and
adapters, you can't get much lower in prices than from Camerafilters.com.
Newegg has some of the best prices on photo printers. BatterySpace.com has
great prices on power for you camera. And Buydig.com had the best price on
my cam. I have also bought from B&H. There's no doubt they have an
extensive inventory, but there are better prices out there to be had if you
look for them.

Ron

Old March 20th 05, 07:59 PM
Chris Townsend

Hmm, sorry but that is a load of crap. There are a lot of good sellers out
there, I would agree that Amazon has the best on-line shop but quite often I
find something I want at Amazon and then buy it a place that has a better
price. I do regularly buy at Amazon, usually when they have a sale or
special offer but often their prices are far from the best. B&H is indeed a
great place with good prices too but when I bought my Canon A95 it was the
month they were introduced and the prices were steep, I found it at
Butterfly Photo for 318.00 shipped when the going price most every other
place was in the 400.00 range and I got it in 2 days. Why anyone would
suggest limiting themselves to 2 places is beyond me. `-(

I have had one bad experience in all my years of on-line shopping, an outfit
that took my money for a set of 5 JBL speakers and sent nothing, that was in
my first year of buying on-line but I was still usually very careful and
checked out any seller before buying from them, BUT the speakers I wanted
were very highly reviewed, not expensive, had recently gone out of
production and were very hard to find. When I found a place that had them in
stock after much searching I leapt without looking. :-( The story had a
happy ending, I did end up knowing in advance I was probably going to get
screwed, printed out all the BS web pages and email correspondence from the
bogus retailer, sent it all off to my CC company and they dropped the
charge. A place I had previously checked (J&R) ended up having them briefly
in stock at an even better price, so I did get them and paid even less. :-)

Tip if you ever shop at J&R (jr.com) they have been around for as long as I
can remember in Sunday NYC newspaper ads and in HiFi magazines, they have a
great website but are still very telephone oriented, find what you want,
order it by phone, ask for a better price and you will usually get at
another 10% or so knocked off.

I used to use Newegg almost exclusively, I have a small PC business and have
ordered tens of thousands of dollars of PC hardware from Newegg over the
years without any issue. As they have gotten so popular their prices have
crept up and their lightning fast shipping has slowed a bit and I shop
around a bit more these days but Newegg is still at the top of my list for
anything PC, the user reviews at Newegg are almost worthless, mostly
cheerleaders for Newegg itself. I have only had to use Newegg once for a
return of a defective power supply, I didn't think I should have to pay the
shipping but it was the same policy as any other hardware vendor I used at
the time.