Photo Frame, Slide-Show Without Video Files?

Old April 28th 09, 11:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Talal

Default Photo Frame, Slide-Show Without Video Files?

Hello,

I need my digital photo frame to execute a slide show, with music in the
background, and associate one photo jpg photo file with one mp3 music file.
I was able to achieve this by generating a video file, yet video files are
very large. I thought there should be a way to use still jpg photos, and
mp3 files, and display the photo for the duration of the mp3 file. The
digital photo frames I tried cannot do that. Do you know of a frame that
can do it?

Thanks,
T.I.

Old April 28th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Talal

Hello Shawn,

I am displaying pages of a book, scanned, and the audio reads the page
displayed. The user can flip a page, and the audio for the new page plays
automatically. The frames I tried did not let me do that. I can flip
pages, yet the audio cannot be synchronized with pages. I thought some
frame(s) should enable me to associate an MP3 file with a JPG file.

Talal

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
"Talal" wrote:

Hello,

I need my digital photo frame to execute a slide show, with music in the
background, and associate one photo jpg photo file with one mp3 music
file.
I was able to achieve this by generating a video file, yet video files
are
very large. I thought there should be a way to use still jpg photos, and
mp3 files, and display the photo for the duration of the mp3 file. The
digital photo frames I tried cannot do that. Do you know of a frame that
can do it?

May I ask what the point of your project is? Why not just do the slide
show in a standard way? What are you trying to achieve?

Old April 28th 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
83LowRider[_2_]

"Talal" wrote

I am displaying pages of a book, scanned, and the audio reads the page
displayed. The user can flip a page, and the audio for the new page plays
automatically. The frames I tried did not let me do that. I can flip
pages, yet the audio cannot be synchronized with pages. I thought some
frame(s) should enable me to associate an MP3 file with a JPG file.

I seriously doubt any of the frames will be able to do such.. but you
should be able to link the mp3 to the scan using Windows Movie
Maker. If the resulting file is too large, you can use a lesser size
(lower quality) mp3.. which shouldn't matter too much as it's not
a 'musical quality' issue. If the resulting avi doesn't play, it can always
be re-encoded. I don't think you're going to find an easy way out on
this.

Old April 30th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Talal

The size problem is not only in the MP3 files, but also in the picture file
that is converted to video. Some video modern video compressions techniques
can compress to small files, yet the frames I tried could not read these
files.

"Talal" wrote