Camera Wars and Mirrorless Battles

Old September 16th 18, 04:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Default Camera Wars and Mirrorless Battles

What a load (two loads, in fact) of nonsense! I'm not at war with
anyone over anything, not fighting any battles over mirrors. I use
cameras that make good photos and that have good ergonomics‹they feel
comfortable in my hands. Beyond that, I don't give a rat's knobby
little kneecaps whether it has a mirror or not, or if it's built into a
smartphone, or who manufactured it. Judging from the amazing variety of
cameras I see making great photos on Flickr, it's pretty hard to buy a
camera today that can't make good photos. It's a camera. Pick it up and
go make some photos.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old September 16th 18, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 15, 2018, Davoud wrote
(in article ):

What a load (two loads, in fact) of nonsense! I'm not at war with
anyone over anything, not fighting any battles over mirrors. I use
cameras that make good photos and that have good ergonomics‹they feel
comfortable in my hands. Beyond that, I don't give a rat's knobby
little kneecaps whether it has a mirror or not, or if it's built into a
smartphone, or who manufactured it. Judging from the amazing variety of
cameras I see making great photos on Flickr, it's pretty hard to buy a
camera today that can't make good photos. It's a camera. Pick it up and
go make some photos.

This is more a war/battle over market share rather than camera type. The
quality, and capability of any modern camera, be it Smart phone, M43, MILC, or
DSLR, and the quality of images they produce regardless of the individuals using
them aside, they are all commodities. Their manufacturers are the ones battling
for a piece of a rapidly evolving market. The two market leaders Nikon, and
Canon have an interloper eroding their share of the total market in Sony and
their FF MILCs. They have girded for a marketing war in the FF MILC arena.
Neither Nikon, nor Canon is happy about losing market share from their FF DSLR
sales to the upstart Sony. So in the last few days we have seen over-hyped
releases of FF MILCs from Nikon, and Canon.

They do not seem to be too troubled by the likes of Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax,
or Fujifilm regardless of those who are contented users of those brand, or the
release of the ASP-C Fujifilm X-T3. That might be arrogant, corporate
indifference. However, I believe they will be scrambling to deal with the
affordable MF GFX 50MP, and soon to be announced GFX 100MP cameras.

As for me, I am quite content shooting APS-C Fujifilm cameras, with occasional
shots taken with my iPhone.

Old September 24th 18, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 9/15/2018 11:06 PM, Davoud wrote:
What a load (two loads, in fact) of nonsense! I'm not at war with
anyone over anything, not fighting any battles over mirrors. I use
cameras that make good photos and that have good ergonomics‹they feel
comfortable in my hands. Beyond that, I don't give a rat's knobby
little kneecaps whether it has a mirror or not, or if it's built into a
smartphone, or who manufactured it. Judging from the amazing variety of
cameras I see making great photos on Flickr, it's pretty hard to buy a
camera today that can't make good photos. It's a camera. Pick it up and
go make some photos.

In line with yore statement, I think camera systems are made to take
photographers, not pictures.

--
PeterN
Old September 24th 18, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I think camera systems are made to take
photographers, not pictures.

take them to where?
Old September 24th 18, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:03:20 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I think camera systems are made to take
photographers, not pictures.

take them to where?

Bankruptcy.
Old September 24th 18, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 23, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:03:20 -0400,
wrote:

In , PeterN
wrote:

I think camera systems are made to take
photographers, not pictures.

take them to where?

Bankruptcy.

Well here is what my mortgage statement looks like for next month. So I am
trying to find all sorts of ways to add to my toys.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe71qfhx05c9c1r/screenshot_05b.jpg

Savageduck

Old September 24th 18, 05:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 19:36:37 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 23, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:03:20 -0400,
wrote:

In , PeterN
wrote:

I think camera systems are made to take
photographers, not pictures.

take them to where?

Bankruptcy.

Well here is what my mortgage statement looks like for next month. So I am
trying to find all sorts of ways to add to my toys.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe71qfhx05c9c1r/screenshot_05b.jpg

That interest rate sucks, but the actual interest paid looks pretty
good...

Anyway, that would explain that XT3, and lots and lots of glass.
Old September 24th 18, 05:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 23, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 19:36:37 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 23, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:03:20 -0400,
wrote:

In , PeterN
wrote:

I think camera systems are made to take
photographers, not pictures.

take them to where?

Bankruptcy.

Well here is what my mortgage statement looks like for next month. So I am
trying to find all sorts of ways to add to my toys.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe71qfhx05c9c1r/screenshot_05b.jpg

That interest rate sucks, but the actual interest paid looks pretty
good...

Anyway, that would explain that XT3, and lots and lots of glass.

;-)

Savageduck

Old September 24th 18, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 09/23/2018 10:36 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 23, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:03:20 -0400,
wrote:

In , PeterN
wrote:

I think camera systems are made to take
photographers, not pictures.

take them to where?

Bankruptcy.

Well here is what my mortgage statement looks like for next month. So I am
trying to find all sorts of ways to add to my toys.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe71qfhx05c9c1r/screenshot_05b.jpg

That day was in 2006 for me, right after the tornado came through town!

--
Ken Hart

Old September 24th 18, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2018-09-23 22:36, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 23, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:03:20 -0400,
wrote:

In , PeterN
wrote:

I think camera systems are made to take
photographers, not pictures.

take them to where?

Bankruptcy.

Well here is what my mortgage statement looks like for next month. So I am
trying to find all sorts of ways to add to my toys.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe71qfhx05c9c1r/screenshot_05b.jpg

5.6%? Yikes! That's usury.

2.59% here. Fixed. And not much left to go...

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."