DPReview relocates - from London, England, to Seattle, WA, USA!

Old October 21st 10, 12:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

Default DPReview relocates - from London, England, to Seattle, WA, USA!

"Bruce" wrote in message
Well, that came as a surprise, but it does explain the recent lull in
the production of new articles on dpreview.com:

"Last, and by no means least, we've also moved out of our London
office and relocated to our new office and studio in Seattle,
Washington, which has obviously caused a little disruption. But have
no fear, we've worked very hard to ensure the delay in publishing
reviews is kept to a bare minimum (some of the team is still working
in the UK during this staggered relocation). This is an exciting move
for dpreview.com, and will give us access to considerably better
resources and allow us to expand our content and add features, tools
and improvements to sections of the site that we know our users will
love."

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1010/10102021sitenews.asp

I shall miss the images of London in the equipment reviews. ;-)

Bought out by Microsoft? (That's what happened to many of my friends from my
generation (Comp. Sci. degree in '76) who had more energy than I and started
companies.)

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old October 21st 10, 01:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Pete Stavrakoglou

"John A." wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 20:27:32 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Amazon.

Yep, Amazon acquired dpreveiw in May of 2007.

Old October 22nd 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 07:50:57 -0400, John A. wrote:
: On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 20:27:32 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Bruce" wrote in message
: .. .
[...]

Is Amazon in Seattle?! Somehow I placed them in the Washington, DC area. Shows
how much I know.

Bob
Old October 22nd 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , Robert Coe
wrote:

Is Amazon in Seattle?! Somehow I placed them in the Washington, DC area. Shows
how much I know.

They are quite visible sitting on top of a hill in a former Marine
hospital. You can't miss it.