Microsoft ad endorses photo manipulation

Old October 25th 10, 07:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell[_2_]

Default Microsoft ad endorses photo manipulation

On 2010-10-23 11:10:14 -0700, John McWilliams said:

On 10/23/10 PDT 10:03 AM, C J Campbell wrote:

We recently took a cruise. Before we boarded the ship, the ship's
photographers had set up a photo booth with a green screen inside the
terminal. They took everybody's picture. When they printed it out, the
ship was in the background and it looked like you were standing on the
dock. Now, everyone knows that they never stood in such a spot. Yet they
buy these pictures by the ream.

More on the cruise, please! I've enjoyed a few such on NCL, (Norwegian
CL), but am looking for some other ideas.

So far, I've not been tempted to buy any of the gratuitous shots, but
they do print a lot on NCL.... guess it must be profitable.

It was the Norwegian Pearl, our first cruise on NCL. We were not happy
with it. The crew was disorganized and the passengers were extremely
rude. For example, we got into Cabo San Lucas at 8:00 am. We are
supposed to depart at 4:00, with everyone on board at 3:30. Well, they
did not start tendering people ashore until 10:00 and they finally got
the last of the queue ashore around 12:30.

They had not learned anything by Miami. Passengers were issued color
codes to start disembarking at 8:00 am. The crew did not follow the
departure procedures in the least -- instead, they waited until 10:00
am, ordered a mass disembarkation, and let Miami tour groups (and
anyone else who wanted to) cut in line. If followed, the planned
disembarkation procedures would have been orderly. Instead, there were
fistfights. We will not be going on NCL again.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old October 25th 10, 07:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell[_2_]

On 2010-10-23 13:27:00 -0700, peter said:

On 10/23/2010 2:10 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 10/23/10 PDT 10:03 AM, C J Campbell wrote:

We recently took a cruise. Before we boarded the ship, the ship's
photographers had set up a photo booth with a green screen inside the
terminal. They took everybody's picture. When they printed it out, the
ship was in the background and it looked like you were standing on the
dock. Now, everyone knows that they never stood in such a spot. Yet they
buy these pictures by the ream.

More on the cruise, please! I've enjoyed a few such on NCL, (Norwegian
CL), but am looking for some other ideas.

So far, I've not been tempted to buy any of the gratuitous shots, but
they do print a lot on NCL.... guess it must be profitable.

We like Holland America. Fewer kids.

Not only fewer kids, but better service and a more cooperative
clientele. I have never seen anyone on Holland America attempt to
reserve five different deck chairs for an entire day by putting towels
on them. Apparently that is normal procedure on NCL.