Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

Old November 12th 04, 11:45 PM
Glenn Jacobs

Default Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
blown version of Photo Shop?

--
JakeInHartsel

Old November 13th 04, 12:36 AM
Charlie Self

Glenn Jacobs asks:

I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
blown version of Photo Shop?

A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.

Charlie Self
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

Old November 13th 04, 03:41 AM
Paul J Gans

Glenn Jacobs wrote:
I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
blown version of Photo Shop?

Depends on your knowlege of Photoshop. If you are a guru
you will do better with it. If you are not a guru but are
willing to spend a great deal of time learning all the
ins and outs of Photoshop, it will be worth it.

Otherwise let the difference in price be your guide.

----- Paul J. Gans
Old November 13th 04, 04:30 AM
GTO

48-bit TIFF. Professional tools. Great documentation (see Amazon.com for
books about PhotoShop CS). If you want to save money, look at PaintShop Pro
9. It has an excellent digital noise removal filter. I never liked
stripped-down versions of good SW packages.

Gregor

.. .

Old November 13th 04, 04:39 AM
PhotoMan

Charlie Self wrote:
Glenn Jacobs asks:

I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the
full blown version of Photo Shop?

A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.

It made MY wallet a lot lighter.

Old November 13th 04, 08:55 AM
Aerticus

IMHO learn PSE 3 until you know it backwards and can manage every effect or
feature to produce the output you desire.

Once you have reached that state of awareness and familiarity you are prime
ready for PSCS and the fuller more extensive range of variables therein

Aerticus

Glenn Jacobs asks:

Old November 13th 04, 09:29 AM
Don dunlap

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Glenn Jacobs asks:

I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
blown version of Photo Shop?

A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.

Charlie Self
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

Don't you mean "about $450 Lighter"?

Don Dunlap