Bad sensor dust

Old February 4th 19, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Bad sensor dust

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...bum-7215770586
8008995/

The blobs at the top left are the most visible ones, but
there actually are dust blobs across the entire frame.
And apparently the photographer wasan't even aware of
the dust, as the blobs are on all or almost all images.

Yup!
The dust is very conspicuous, and is going to need some major fixing in
post. That sensor is in dire need of cleaning, and the photographer
should
have taken an emergency cleaning kit with him on that trip. When you know
that you are going to be in an environment with wind, dust, and sand,
there
is no excuse for not being prepared. At a minimum a lot of care should be
taken with lens changes.

That assumes he knows how to use that kit (I don't).

it's never too late to learn. read the instructions

No such instructions on mine. They say to bring the camera to the
service shop.

what cleaning kit did you buy that did not include instructions??

a cleaning kit is *not* going to say take it to the shop. there would
be no point in the kit.

you're really stretching on this one.

They run the service gratis if you go to certain sponsored events, but
they do them some three hours drive from here, and they warn that they
will do only a limited number, so no warranty of getting it done.

My idea is to go there once and see how they do it.

this isn't about going to a shop to have it done and they have
different tools than you would anyway.

or do a search on
how. there are plenty of detailed explanations and even videos. it's
not difficult. even just one squeeze of a rocket blower would make a
dramatic improvement.

Maybe he takes the
camera to a shop to be cleaned by a professional back home that knows
how to do it, and he wouldn't dare try to do it himself, even less on a
trip.

or maybe he doesn't care.

You do not know that.

it's quite clear he doesn't care, else he wouldn't have posted a photo
full of dust spots which looks like utter ****.

he simply does not care.
Old February 4th 19, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

That assumes he knows how to use that kit (I don't). Maybe he takes the
camera to a shop to be cleaned by a professional back home that knows
how to do it, and he wouldn't dare try to do it himself, even less on a
trip.

If he does not know how to go about cleaning the sensor on a DSLR, or MILC,
he, and anybody who owns one should invest in the basic tools, correct size
swabs, PEC pad, a Giottos Rocket, a bottle of Eclipse Fluid, and a
magnifier with some sort of illuminator.

I don't have any of that, nor my friends. I don't even know what they are.

just because you don't know how doesn't mean others don't. as i said,
it's never too late to learn.

What camera do you shoot?

If you have photos that are important to you, but have "errors", do
whatever you can to fix those errors in post. That is why editing tools
exist.

You can not correct focus on post.

false.

photoshop and several other tools, such as focus magic can help fix out
of focus images:
http://focusmagic.com

iphone cameras capture a depth map and can adjust the focus and/or
depth of field *after* the photo has been taken.
Old February 4th 19, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

On 04/02/2019 15.45, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

I bought a camera.

or do a search on
how. there are plenty of detailed explanations and even videos. it's
not difficult. even just one squeeze of a rocket blower would make a
dramatic improvement.

Maybe he takes the
camera to a shop to be cleaned by a professional back home that knows
how to do it, and he wouldn't dare try to do it himself, even less on a
trip.

or maybe he doesn't care.

You do not know that.

it's quite clear he doesn't care, else he wouldn't have posted a photo
full of dust spots which looks like utter ****.

Not to me.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old February 4th 19, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

On 04/02/2019 15.25, Savageduck wrote:
Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 03/02/2019 16.33, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

Here is an example:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...7705868008995/

The blobs at the top left are the most visible ones, but
there actually are dust blobs across the entire frame.
And apparently the photographer wasan't even aware of
the dust, as the blobs are on all or almost all images.

Yup!
The dust is very conspicuous, and is going to need some major fixing in
post. That sensor is in dire need of cleaning, and the photographer should
have taken an emergency cleaning kit with him on that trip. When you know
that you are going to be in an environment with wind, dust, and sand, there
is no excuse for not being prepared. At a minimum a lot of care should be
taken with lens changes.

That assumes he knows how to use that kit (I don't).

it's never too late to learn. read the instructions

No such instructions on mine. They say to bring the camera to the
service shop.

So they can over-charge you for what you can do at home.

Buy the cleaning tools, learn what to do, and save yourself a whole load of
cash.

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com
https://photosol.com
https://www.micro-tools.com/collections/d-slr-kits-aps-c-sensors

I'll have a look.

They run the service gratis if you go to certain sponsored events, but
they do them some three hours drive from here, and they warn that they
will do only a limited number, so no warranty of getting it done.

My idea is to go there once and see how they do it.

They start by fondling your wallet.

No, it is a free session to teach people, maybe selling cleaning kits.
None has been programmed till April yet.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old February 4th 19, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Now there’s your problem. ;-)

Savageduck
Old February 4th 19, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

That assumes he knows how to use that kit (I don't).

it's never too late to learn. read the instructions

No such instructions on mine. They say to bring the camera to the
service shop.

what cleaning kit did you buy that did not include instructions??

I bought a camera.

excellent, except that the topic is cleaning kits.

did you buy anything else?

or do a search on
how. there are plenty of detailed explanations and even videos. it's
not difficult. even just one squeeze of a rocket blower would make a
dramatic improvement.

Maybe he takes the
camera to a shop to be cleaned by a professional back home that knows
how to do it, and he wouldn't dare try to do it himself, even less on a
trip.

or maybe he doesn't care.

You do not know that.

it's quite clear he doesn't care, else he wouldn't have posted a photo
full of dust spots which looks like utter ****.

Not to me.

seriously? that photo was overwhelmed with dust spots.
Old February 4th 19, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 2/3/2019 5:55 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

On 2/3/2019 6:45 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
Here is an example:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...2963838558/in/
album-72157705868008995/

your link doesn't wrap ...

Yes, my newstreader is a bit old-fashioned.

if you used url delimiters, it would still work.

like this ...

yourlink

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodileo/32963838558/in/album-72157705868008995/

it works to mine, then again if I post the link itself "from" mine it works

--
dale - https://www.dalekelly.org/
Not a professional opinion unless specified.
Old February 4th 19, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...21577058680089
95/

it works to mine, then again if I post the link itself "from" mine it works

yep, and by doing so, it will work fine when wrapped, including with
embedded line breaks and quote characters.
Old February 4th 19, 08:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 2/4/2019 2:40 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , dale
wrote:

On 2/3/2019 6:45 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
Here is an example:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...2963838558/in/
album-72157705868008995/

your link doesn't wrap ...

Yes, my newstreader is a bit old-fashioned.

if you used url delimiters, it would still work.

like this ...

yourlink

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...21577058680089
95/

it works to mine, then again if I post the link itself "from" mine it works

yep, and by doing so, it will work fine when wrapped, including with
embedded line breaks and quote characters.

quoted link link doesn't wrap in your post