Question: DSCH1 lens

Old August 6th 05, 12:05 AM
Cordovero

Default Question: DSCH1 lens

My bigger question was in the last post, but I have a short question for
those who have an opinion. I love the quality of pictures on the Sony
cameras with Carl-Zeiss lenses. I am interested in the DSCH1 but notice it
does not have a C-Z lens. Does anyone have an opinion about the lens on the
DSCH1? Is it anything special?

Old August 6th 05, 09:34 AM
P-P. Henneken

"Cordovero" wrote in message
k.net...
My bigger question was in the last post, but I have a short question for
those who have an opinion. I love the quality of pictures on the Sony
cameras with Carl-Zeiss lenses. I am interested in the DSCH1 but notice
it does not have a C-Z lens. Does anyone have an opinion about the lens
on the DSCH1? Is it anything special?

I find the lens pretty good. Who cares that it doesn't say Carl Zeiss on it?
It produces a *beautiful* bokeh when zoomed, colors are nice, sharpness
dropoff isn't that bad, I like it! Only "problem" is the purple
fringing/chromatic abberation at very high contrast areas. Probably the
Panasonic's are better in this respect but I doubt that they will have as
nice a bokeh as the H1 (haven't had a Panasonic though so just guessing).

Good luck,

P-P.

Old August 6th 05, 09:57 AM
David J Taylor

P-P. Henneken wrote:
"Cordovero" wrote in message
k.net...
My bigger question was in the last post, but I have a short question
for those who have an opinion. I love the quality of pictures on
the Sony cameras with Carl-Zeiss lenses. I am interested in the
DSCH1 but notice it does not have a C-Z lens. Does anyone have an
opinion about the lens on the DSCH1? Is it anything special?

I find the lens pretty good. Who cares that it doesn't say Carl Zeiss
on it? It produces a *beautiful* bokeh when zoomed, colors are nice,
sharpness dropoff isn't that bad, I like it! Only "problem" is the
purple fringing/chromatic abberation at very high contrast areas.
Probably the Panasonic's are better in this respect but I doubt that
they will have as nice a bokeh as the H1 (haven't had a Panasonic
though so just guessing).

I've put up a couple of fairly random samples from my early use of the
camera at:

ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/store1/incoming/FZ5/

If these samples are suitable, how does the bokeh compare?

Cheers,
David

Canon kit lens review critiques show a pattern RichA Digital SLR Cameras 198 August 21st 05 01:07 PM
Lenses for D70 Digital Photography 3 January 20th 05 06:01 PM
Camera/Projector lens question. brian 35mm Photo Equipment 11 January 13th 05 09:16 PM
Focal plane vs. leaf shutters in MF SLRs KM Medium Format Photography Equipment 724 December 7th 04 10:58 AM
Nikon D70 Standard Lens Versus 35-70 f2.8 Also wide angle question Randall Smith Digital Photography 6 July 5th 04 09:54 AM