Lens board dimensions for various Speed Graphics

Old December 4th 05, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format

Default Lens board dimensions for various Speed Graphics

Does anyone have any specific information on the correct dimensions for the
lens boards for the various models and sizes of Speed/Crown Graphic cameras
or know of a website where such information could be found?

If it matters, I'm specifically interested in the Pacemaker 2-1/4 x 3-1/4
Graphic now but information on the other models is desirable too.

www.Graphlex.org was of no help in this matter.

TIA
Norm

Old December 4th 05, 05:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format

Default Lens board dimensions for various Speed Graphics -- Question Update

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
Does anyone have any specific information on the correct dimensions for
the lens boards for the various models and sizes of Speed/Crown Graphic
cameras or know of a website where such information could be found?

If it matters, I'm specifically interested in the Pacemaker 2-1/4 x 3-1/4
Graphic now but information on the other models is desirable too.

www.Graphlex.org was of no help in this matter.

I measured the one camera to which I have access and it's (at least to
within reasonable tolerances)
2-1/2" square x 3/16" thick. Do all 2x3 Graphic cameras take exactly the
same size lensboard?

TIA
Norm

Old December 4th 05, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format

Norm Dresner wrote:

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message

Does anyone have any specific information on the correct dimensions
for the lens boards for the various models and sizes of Speed/Crown
Graphic cameras or know of a website where such information could be
found?

If it matters, I'm specifically interested in the Pacemaker 2-1/4 x
3-1/4 Graphic now but information on the other models is desirable too.

www.Graphlex.org was of no help in this matter.

I measured the one camera to which I have access and it's (at least to
within reasonable tolerances)
2-1/2" square x 3/16" thick. Do all 2x3 Graphic cameras take exactly
the same size lensboard?

My 2x3 Speed has the same dimensions, however, for the board to fit, the
board should be 2 7/16 x 2 7/16.
Old December 4th 05, 03:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format

Norm Dresner wrote:
Does anyone have any specific information on the correct dimensions for the
lens boards for the various models and sizes of Speed/Crown Graphic cameras
or know of a website where such information could be found?

If it matters, I'm specifically interested in the Pacemaker 2-1/4 x 3-1/4
Graphic now but information on the other models is desirable too.

www.Graphlex.org was of no help in this matter.

TIA
Norm

Norm, learn to spell.

www.graflex.org

Old December 7th 05, 01:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
Does anyone have any specific information on the correct
dimensions for the lens boards for the various models and
sizes of Speed/Crown Graphic cameras or know of a website
where such information could be found?

If it matters, I'm specifically interested in the
Pacemaker 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 Graphic now but information on
the other models is desirable too.

www.Graphlex.org was of no help in this matter.

I measured the one camera to which I have access and it's
(at least to within reasonable tolerances)
2-1/2" square x 3/16" thick. Do all 2x3 Graphic cameras
take exactly the same size lensboard?

TIA
Norm

There were two series of Graphics in this size. The older
one is called a Minature Speed Graphic, made from 1938 to
1947. It uses a wood or plastic board. The later camera was
part of the Pacemaker series and available as both a Speed
and Crown Graphic, the latter having no focal plane shutter.
These were made from 1947 until the mid 1960's. They have
lens boards made of stamped sheet metal and of a different
size. The lens boards for the two series are not
interchangable, however, all cameras of each series take the
same board.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old December 9th 05, 12:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
.net...

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
"Norm Dresner" wrote in message

[SNIP]

If it matters, I'm specifically interested in the
Pacemaker 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 Graphic now but information on
the other models is desirable too.

[SNIP]

There were two series of Graphics in this size. The older
one is called a Minature Speed Graphic, made from 1938 to
1947. It uses a wood or plastic board. The later camera was
part of the Pacemaker series and available as both a Speed
and Crown Graphic, the latter having no focal plane shutter.
These were made from 1947 until the mid 1960's. They have
lens boards made of stamped sheet metal and of a different
size. The lens boards for the two series are not
interchangable, however, all cameras of each series take the
same board.

Also, the all-plastic bodied Century Graphic takes the later type pressed
metal lensboards too.

Peter