New York photographers needed for protest pics Sept 1

Old August 28th 04, 10:48 PM
carl

Default New York photographers needed for protest pics Sept 1

ColynG© wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:20:52 -0700, "wendeebee"
wrote:
Simple...

This person is using others to make money for himself. It's just
another scam played on un-knowledgable people to use them for monatary
purposes..kind of like scams played on elderly people..

They play on your side that thinks people are good and won't take
you..

Sigh.

How exactly am I going to make money from these pictures. Who is going
to pay for them? I don't see much of a paying market. There has been
some talk of setting up a travelling gallery, but small galleries or
museums don't generally pay for this sort of thing (big name
photographers, sure, but this I'm not). I suppose there is some
conceivable way money could be made but I honestly don't forsee being
the one to make it. My prediction is the whole thing costs me a lot
of time and gets me no monetary payback. Which is cool, I'm not
looking for money for this particular project. Actually, as a amateur
photographer, net income from photography of about $300 total
lifetime, I don't except to make any money from my pictures.
Photography is a hobby I enjoy, not a profit making machine. (Not
that there's anything wrong with making money from pictures, I'm just
not good enough, or organized enough, or something, to do it.)

It is true one can be too trusting. One can also be too suspicious
and paranoid.
Old August 29th 04, 01:20 AM
Eric Gill

AstroPax wrote in
:

One can *never* be too suspicious and/or paranoid about an
organization that supports the ACLU !!!

Sure. After all, all the notorious evil organizations in history have been
about preserving human rights.

Jesus, you're a nutbar.
Old August 29th 04, 03:27 AM
Gene Palmiter

See what happens! Let one hate-monger steal an election and they all think
its ok to walk the streets spewing filth.

"Eric Gill" wrote in message
1...
AstroPax wrote in
:

Old August 29th 04, 03:33 AM
John Scott Mccoy

Eric Gill wrote:

AstroPax wrote in
:

One can *never* be too suspicious and/or paranoid about an
organization that supports the ACLU !!!

Sure. After all, all the notorious evil organizations in history have been
about preserving human rights.

Jesus, you're a nutbar.

Hell, don't waste your time in New York. For a few extra hundred you
could be in Africa photographing dying children and babies! I especially
liked one photo I just saw the other day ... now picture this ... a
little starved girl dressed only in a few tattered rags lying in the
dust beside a road with her arm still outstretched - damn little fool
thought she saw water, ha hah ha, it was only a mirage! Can you imagine!

Happy shooting!

Scott

P.S. Watch for flying bricks!
Old August 29th 04, 03:43 AM
AstroPax

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:20:53 GMT, Eric Gill
wrote:

//snip//

Jesus, you're a nutbar.

So just because I'm against the ACLU, I'm a "nutbar" ?

Let me guess, you're a big fan of PETA too.

-Astro

Old August 29th 04, 05:03 AM
carl

Where is my profit? Show me. Honest, I'd like to get the money.

But, seriously, this is for a joint project of People for the American
Way and the Imagine Festival. I didn't think it up. I didn't even
wanna do it (can you say "big favor for a friend"). I can see some
enjoyment from doing the project, but monetary or career profit are
not part of the picture. The photos that I take will be part of my
pesonal portfolio (my portfolio, there's a joke). Other photographers
retain the right to sell their picture where they want (which will be
nowhere, is my guess). If, after taking their pictures, they don't
want to forward them to me, I'm s.o.l.

Explain how this evil plot to profit from other photographers in this
VOLUNTEER NON PROFIT project will actually work.

Oy, why bother. I'll confess...

You have succeeded. Your alert counter posts have prevented me from
duping poor American photographers into photographing un/anti/American
pictures for my Marxist collective. Curses! Foiled again!

AstroPax wrote in message . ..
On 28 Aug 2004 14:48:23 -0700, (carl) wrote:

[...]

Carl,

In the original post, you stated that "People For The American Way"
wanted it photographed?

So which is it? Are you doing this for your personal portfolio, or
will you be providing the photo(s) to "People For The American Way"?

Also, I personally don't like the following, quoted from your original
post:

"Line organizers will retain full rights to use the
pictures (as long as credit is always given) for any purpose"

For *any* purpose? Yea, right!

It is true one can be too trusting. One can also be too suspicious
and paranoid.

One can *never* be too suspicious and/or paranoid about an
organization that supports the ACLU !!!

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if organizations such as "People For
The American Way" want us to stop using the politically incorrect
terms of "shoot", "shooting", or "shot" when referring to the taking
of a photograph.

-Astro

---
AstroPax Photography
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astropax/index.htm
---

Old August 29th 04, 03:47 PM
Eric Gill

AstroPax wrote in
:

wrote:

//snip//

Jesus, you're a nutbar.

So just because I'm against the ACLU, I'm a "nutbar" ?

Are you going to tell me you have some sane reason to justify your comment
on the ACLU?

Let me guess,

You mean, "make something up because I don't agree with you."

you're a big fan of PETA too.

Oh, come on. Skip right to the "Marxist" smear and you'll feel a lot
better.
Old August 29th 04, 04:55 PM
John Scott Mccoy

In article 1abYc.3569$u94.99@trndny06,
"Gene Palmiter" wrote:

See what happens! Let one hate-monger steal an election and they all think
its ok to walk the streets spewing filth.

Snip

I'm a Democrat ... have been since you were here - probably.
The phrase, "Steal an election" is a dead give away.

You think Presidential elections are won and lost by majority/minority
vote?

Two words for you, pal, E-L-E-C-T-O-R-I-A-L C-O-L-L-E-G-E.

Save yourself added embarrassment - don't show anymore ignorance until
you learn a little about it.

Just a tip.

Yesterday, I was listening to a syndicated radio host having a ball with
some of the protesters in NYC.

They were adults ... not teenyboppin' thirteen year olds!

He had many/most convinced that Kerry's name is Kelly ... his running
mate is 'Stu' Ped, and when asked what single most stand 'Kelly' has
that interested them enough to come out and protest ... not one could
think of one. Always the same answer - "Anybody but Bush!"

One was sure that Bush was meeting with bin Laden the morning - in
secret - of 9/11! LOL (Guess ole bin needs some reading help in Texas)

Furthermore, asked what legislation - ANY legislation - Kelly had
supported in his multi-term Senatorial career that stood out ... they
could not think of one! All but one didn't know within what state he was
a Senator!

Talk about embarrassed.

With leadership - and an electorate like THAT - GOD HELP AMERICA! (Bless
her later after a few/many more thousands are killed.)

.... as we used to say in Nam, "INCOMING!"