Online greeting cards?

Old November 13th 05, 01:33 AM
TommyC

Default Online greeting cards?

I thought I had a pretty simple desi I wanted to do a Christmas card
using a winter painting my daughter did as the front cover, then have
customized wording inside the card.

But a perusal of online vendors (Kodakgallery, Shutterfly, Walmart, a
lot of other cards-only places) comes up empty for me. Every place I've
looked at seems to require that I plop my photo into a layout they
already have and/or choose words from a selection they have.

I'd think that it would be easier for these places to do what I want
(start with a blank card layout) than to do it from a template.

Anyway, can someone suggest an online service that will allow me to
supply my own photo and words for a card, then create the card for me,
absent one of their own templates? Obviously, quality and price factor
in as well, but right now I just haven't found any options to choose
from.
Old November 13th 05, 06:22 AM
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
TommyC wrote:

I thought I had a pretty simple desi I wanted to do a Christmas card
using a winter painting my daughter did as the front cover, then have
customized wording inside the card.

But a perusal of online vendors (Kodakgallery, Shutterfly, Walmart, a
lot of other cards-only places) comes up empty for me. Every place I've
looked at seems to require that I plop my photo into a layout they
already have and/or choose words from a selection they have.

Snapfish might have what you want. If not, perhaps you would be better
off just buying some greeting card software to design your own card and
then having that duplicated at Kinkos.
Old November 13th 05, 07:48 AM
Neil Ellwood

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:22:03 -0500, Shawn Hirn wrote:

In article ,
TommyC wrote:

I thought I had a pretty simple desi I wanted to do a Christmas card
using a winter painting my daughter did as the front cover, then have
customized wording inside the card.

But a perusal of online vendors (Kodakgallery, Shutterfly, Walmart, a
lot of other cards-only places) comes up empty for me. Every place I've
looked at seems to require that I plop my photo into a layout they
already have and/or choose words from a selection they have.

Snapfish might have what you want. If not, perhaps you would be better
off just buying some greeting card software to design your own card and
then having that duplicated at Kinkos.

Could design it using whatever software he already has. Wordprocessers
have a remarkable capability nowadays and even basic drawing software
would give very attractive results. Templates are only empty (effectively)
layouts.

--
Neil
Delete delete to reply by email
Old November 13th 05, 12:09 PM
Ron Hunter

TommyC wrote:
[...]

What you want is a greeting card program. Many are cheap, and a few are
even free if you buy their paper. Check out offerings from Hallmark, or
buy something like Print Artist, or The Print Shop (which can do vastly
more than just greeting cards). These are both great values, and quite
flexible, and allow sending the cards as email or printing them out.

--
Ron Hunter